1,026 results
All reviews fish games room stable block luxe room smeg fridge boot room farncombe estate buffet style dog bed log burner dog friendly hotel mussels fresh milk afternoon tea underfloor heating brook house board games
Reviewed 5 April 2018

A beautifully decorated place with great ambience, staff were great, lovely afternoon tea and just enough to fill you. However my one complaint, is that there seems to be a lack of designated disabled parking near to the Lodge entrance, great ramp and rails down, but no disabled parking spaces.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 5 April 2018

What a lovely place. I booked a room in 'The Stables' for a engagement celebration and it more than delivered. Firstly, the Sat Nav takes you to the wrong road. But it really isn't an issue, the correct path is barely yards away and there are really helpful signs every step of the way. The check in process was very professional, the lady couldn't be more helpful. The room was a decent size, very clean and had everything we needed. Perfect. We booked dinner at the stunning restaurant which is situated on site and had a fantastic meal. One of the best in fact. Really nice ambiance too. That was followed by a great nights sleep then a great quality breakfast in the morning. Honestly couldn't fault our stay. There is a reletively short walk down to the town of Broadway (you may need wellies) which has everything you need to enjoy your stay. Thank you all at the Fish Hotel. I cannot possibly see who could find something negative! Oh, and the Congratulations card in our room on arrival was a lovely thought.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited today with friends. Had a fantastic meal in the bar. All the food was beautifully presented and freshly prepared. The service was excellent; the staff were smiling helpful, and courteous. Loved the relaxed and homely atmosphere and will make sure we visit again soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We've visitedThe Fish many times, as we live in Broadway and can do a lovely dog walk up the hill and be there in less than half an hour. We've loved the hotel since it was converted and opened a couple of years ago and have been for many occasions from a leisurely walk and a glass of wine to a beautiful wedding and a wonderful silver wedding anniversary, all of which we have absolutely loved.

We spent an amazing evening at The Fish a couple of week ago when it was relaunched following more fantastic refurbishment and today I walked up the hill with my dog and a friend to have a relaxing lunch. And we weren't disappointed. We both had mussels with a beautiful bottle of sauvignon blanc and whiled away a couple of hours feeling thoroughly spoilt and surrounded by loveliness.

I'll probably be back tomorrow for another walk with the dog and this time with my husband for a pint and a glass of wine. And next week, we might walk up with my daughters and their husbands and babies too. It's just that kind of place where you can go for any occasion and feel totally at home and relaxed and looked after - whether you're with friends, family, babies or dogs.

We are so lucky to have The Fish on our doorstep. Thank you!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank broadwayVA
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Visited for one night only, mid-week. Efficient and friendly check-in at the main reception building. Our 'medium' sized room was in the Farm House just down the drive a bit with parking close by. The Farm House has several rooms over 2 floors. It was very quiet and we could not hear the other guests. There is a large and well furnished guest lounge, with screen TV in one corner, comfy sofas and chairs, wood buring stove, books and board games. The grounds looked recently landscaped and planted. With the a mix of accommodation buildings around 'the village' it does look a bit Centre Parcs'ish but hopefully this impression will lessen as vegetation grows and develops.

Our room was adequate size-wise. A very large and comfortable bed took up a lot of the floor space so nowhere really to store overnight bags out of the way. Bed, linen and pillows ensure excellent sleep quality. There was a table with mirror over, and sockets nearby to fire up the sturdy hairdrier. Kettle, tea, coffe etc. Fresh milk available from a shared fridge in the lobby - it is supplied in mini sized single use plastic bottles which surprised me - hope the establishment is looking to replace these with some re-usable bottles in the future - they did after all provide water in recycled glass bottles, so doing away with the milk plastic should not be hard.

There was no wardrobe in the room but a hanging rack with plenty of clothes hangers. Bathroom had a walk in shower and a large roll top bath. A range of toiletries supplied, along with bath robes and guest slippers. Our room overall was well equipped with all immediate needs catered for and more than sufficient for a few days stay - any longer and the room could be very clutterd if you had a week's worth of clothes, shoes, bags etc to accommodate. The games room nearby has billiards table and a table football, chess set, board games.

We dined in the restaurant that evening. Dining room is well appointed and furnished, tables well spaced away from each other. Unfortuately the dishes I had did not match the quality of the accommodation. The 'Classic' gravlax was bland and no cure or rub was discernable, and whatever was used had washed out any flavour of salmon. I let this disappointment go without comment. My husband said his scallops were the best he had ever had, although he could not taste the promised pickled ginger. We both had the roasted cod with mussel chowder. Disappointing and below average, flavour-wise. The cod was only just cooked through with the skin remaining wet and flabby. The chowder element of the dish was really just a thin cream sauce with no flavour at all - just cream; only 3 mussels, small pieces of diced potatoe and carrot (I think) brought nothing to the dish; no flavour or thickening. To me it seemed as though all of the components were cooked separately and then heated and assembled at the last minute, with no chance for the ingredients to develop and mingle - no depth of flavour and no heart; on a par with average home cooking. This time I did give my opinions to the waitress who said she would feed back to the kitchen. To finish I had lovely soft Cerney Ash goat's cheese with a nice port and my husband had the chocolate souffle which he was ever so pleased with and he talked about it days later. Breakfast was excellent - a choice of buffet style traditional cooked breakfast or continental style ham, boiled eggs, cheese (although a couple more types of cheese and meat, plus some continental style breads would have made it better).

I would stay here again as the rate for the room was reasonable - £150.00 per night at this time of year, and perhaps visit the restauant for an evening meal, but choose more wisely next time. Service levels from all staff were high when we visited - comparable with the Swiss standard ! Would have given the highest score but dinner let the side down a bit.

Room tip: Room 51 has a view over the Vale of Evesham, Broadway and Willesy
Date of stay: March 2018