1,619 results
All reviews potting shed garden room splendid room spa treatments spa area rose cottage garden restaurant outdoor jacuzzi great spa steam room journey home comfy room turn down service attention to detail the main house flip flops homemade biscuits
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I firstly want to say this is a beautiful property located along a quiet country lane about a 10 minute drive from Broadway. The rooms are stunning with many thoughtful touches. Evening turndown is always a treat and special touches like lavender pillow spray left on your pillow add a very personal touch.

There are 2 restaurants. The Potting Shed which is open for lunch and dinner, but be aware very difficult to get a reservation for dinner which is a little frustrating. Also the Garden Room for breakfast (which is excellent) and for dinner on some evenings but again difficult to get a reservation.

The main frustration was service. I can’t say it was bad just very cool and at times not very genuine. We were particularly disappointed by the restaurant manager in the potting shed who never welcomed us, never came to our table and wasn’t particularly helpful in trying to help us with reserving a table. Eventually this was dealt with by a wonderful lady on reception who arranged for us to sit at the bar. The servers were a little indifferent and struggled to even offer a smile. It just felt very cold.

Finally the spa is amazing, but again you need to book in advance as almost impossible to get a reservation when you arrive. Once again a very cold welcome from the spa reception, in fact it all seemed too much trouble when I asked about availability. Initially she just carried on her conversation with her colleague. My husband did have a treatment and he said it was excellent and the therapist was wonderful.

Overall we had a good stay but not the amazing one we were expecting.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank HEATHER6
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We chose Dormy House to celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary with our family and friends and could not have picked anywhere better. The hotel building and furnishings are wonderful and the staff most attentive and friendly. Our meals in both of their restaurants were very good and we were all delighted with the knowledgeable , helpful staff. Also there was a great choice of food for breakfast, with so many different cereals and large continental selection as well as all the usual English breakfast choices.
All of our bedrooms were spacious, exceedingly comfortable and very clean There were nice touches like bathrobes, slippers, regular bottles of water, fresh milk, hand and foot cream, as well as the usual bathroom shampoo,shower gel etc. They even supplied a lavender pillow spray to help us have have good night sleep. Our family all assured us that the Spa on site was just fabulous, as was the pool.
All staff members were eager to help us, from carrying our suitcases on arrival/departure and giving us useful information about the area.
We couldn’t fault any aspect of Dormy House and recommend if you are ever thinking of staying in The Cotswolds please make sure you stay here. You will be so glad you did.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I was so excited for this trip and staying at this hotel was expected to be a highlight, I was so disappointed.
Room was poor quality for the price, damaged furniture, stain on sofa.
We were ignored at reception whilst receptionist on phone telling someone where else they could stay as Dormy House full- would be better to focus on the paying customers.
When we used the spa facilities the treatments were excellent (that was one positive) but on entering spa area found a cockroach type creature lying dead on floor outside the ladies changing area, we spent almost an hour in the spa and it remained there for all of that time. Jacuzzi not fully working either.
On morning after first night, left out our do not disturb sign as I did not want anyone cleaning the room as we were only staying one more night. On arriving back from breakfast found maid in room, with towels now on floor in bathroom and teacups stacked up by sink. On reporting to reception they didn’t seem overly concerned.
I was so looking forward to this stay but was overall very disappointed and for the price we paid thought it was not in any way worth the money. Very disappointed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
FarncombeEstate1, Manager at Dormy House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Zo_ell2015,

Thank you for taking the time to express your views on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback, we always learn from it.

I have also seen this review being posted directly onto our feedback system, would be great if you would like to email me directly so we can discuss this more into detail.

My email address is silviu.dinu@dormyhouse.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Silviu Dinu

Deputy General Manager
Dormy House Hotel

Reviewed 13 September 2018

My husband planned a trip away for our anniversary and surprised me with a visit to this hotel. What a perfect escape from London! We stayed in a top notch room that was a short walk away from the main building, almost like a little cottage. I appreciated that we didn't share any walls with other guests as this guaranteed an un-interupted night of sleep. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the amenities were high quality. We had a lovely dinner in the Potting Shed, preceded by cocktails out in the garden. It was a perfect place to catch the last rays of the sunset before dining. We also took advantage of the spa area, which I highly recommend. In nice weather, you could easily laze away an entire afternoon in a lounger with magazines or a good book. The massages were also good. I do wish that the hotel was located directly on some grounds that you could walk on; you must walk on a road for 10-15 minutes, around a golf course, before arriving at the rest of the property to continue your amble. I think their other hotels (The Fish, etc.) are located directly on these grounds. But this is a small thing that didn't detract from our overall experience.

Room Tip: Our top notch room was spacious and relaxing.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Spent 3 nights in a Top Notch room which was spacious and comfortable, with large soft towels and comfy robe and slippers. Great quality toiletries were included. One small complaint was that it was awkward to plug the hairdryer near a mirror and you had to keep your finger on the button whilst drying hair which is slightly irritating. Whilst the Top Notch room is lovely it is in an annexe adjoining the hotel which meant you had to walk outside to the spa area. Not a big problem in the warmer drier months but not so good in winter maybe. Breafast was good quality with good choice and portion size, I particularly liked the perfectly cooked poached eggs and that the toast was served in a bag to keep warm. We only ate one night in the Potting Shed because whilst the food was lovely it would have been a bit expensive for us to eat there three nights running. There were no other restaurants within walking distance but lots of choice a short drive away in nearby villages and towns. Loved the atmosphere in the restaurant and hotel - there were nice lounges to have a drink in. We used the pool every day and it wasn't too busy when we visited. We had a back massage which was very good. The hotel is well located for visiting the Cotswolds.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple