Open today: 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great spot for Windsor and Eton Brewery sampling

Hadn't been here before but used this place as a meeting point for a few beers out with some... read more

Reviewed 23 October 2018
BimblingA1
Surrey, United Kingdom
Nice spot

It’s a lovely space with many different uses. The main area consists of a bar with seating. Plain... read more

Reviewed 20 January 2018

from US$ 96.20
from US$ 65.40
from US$ 56.40
More Info
All reviews fire station st leonard's road firestation arts gigs comedy scruffy theatre
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Have just left with my two children and a friend with his son. Ordered three beers and three hot chocolates for the children. The three staff working were lazy and rude/ add this to the man that was staring at my children or us this is an awful place to go to. Sort out your staff Peter/Manager. Not a place to drink and the staff are so arrogant they complain about making hot chocolates for 3 under 10 year olds. Bad form people. Stop the arrogance and start serving people.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank irishfoodie12
Dan E, Owner at Fireythings and The Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Hi Joe,

As one of our regular customers, and someone I have spoken with and apologised too about this issue, it’s disappointing to see you subsequently posting such an unfair review.

As I pointed out in my email to you, your hot chocolates were served on the counter just as the staff were handing over from one shift to another. Whilst we don’t in fact offer table service, any of our staff would have happily brought them to you, but unfortunately they were unaware you were still waiting, and the drinks remained on the counter for a few minutes. We always offer to remake any drinks if customers are unhappy, but as you didn’t let staff know that your hot chocolates were cold, they were unable to help you.

The staff member you describe as “rude” was making a joke with you, which clearly back-fired. She is aware of this and we have spoken subsequently about better customer care and a more appropriate conversational style. I have already passed her sincere apology on to you.

Lastly, as a busy venue with events and activities for children and young people taking place daily, we take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously. Our staff are trained with our safeguarding guidelines and have numerous procedures and policies to support them, if anyone is uncomfortable with a situation or an individual's behaviour.

Your reference to “the man who was staring at my children” is therefore of primary importance to us. I’m surprised that you didn’t mention it at the time, or in your subsequent emails, and as a result we have been unable to look into it. If you would like to forward more details to me (in confidence via email please), we will certainly use our CCTV and staff reports to investigate this further.

I do hope we will see you here again soon,
Dan

Reviewed 24 January 2017

I've only been here three times now but it feels like home. Great place to grab a drink after work and catch up with friends. Seems dogs are welcome as I've made friends with a cute French Bulldog, the beer is always cold and tastey and the clients and staff are very friendly.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Comfortable atmospheric bar with interesting art installations and photography. Great informal use of space.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Me and my daughter Mimi live this place! We do ballet here and also SOTA drama classes in the private rooms and the parents sit and have a delicious coffee! Love the staff, they are young creatives! Especially Hattie!! And there's another chappie who happily makes me iced coffee he's bet nice with lovely floppy hair! (Sorry can't rennet your name :/)
Great place!! Please use it! Keep the arts alive in our great town!!

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Supported by the surrounding neighborhood, this eclectic center has a bar with outside seating. I was not there for a performance or movie but they do have an interesting selection of things going on each month for individuals and families. I stopped with a friend for an afternoon drink. The bartender was excellent. He even ran across the street to buy the fruit needed for my Pimm's!

Date of experience: June 2016