1,735 results
All reviews castle view room windsor castle goswell house directly opposite the castle high tea car park high street train station fantastic location course dinner cream tea large room hotel restaurant lovely room full english breakfast guard brasserie
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Having just returned from a 1 night stay at the Harte and Garter I can honestly say it was the worst night of my life. The room which although dated and in need of refurbishment was spacious and clean. However the room at the back of the hotel was very difficult to find (it’s like walking around a maze to locate your room) overlooked an alleyway close to an all night dance bar. The noise went on well into the very early hours (3am) and although the hotel provide earplugs, I’m sorry I don’t go away to a hotel and expect to wear those to get a good night sleep. Can’t wait to get into my own bed tonight.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christina D
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I was on a business trip from US and decided to stay my first night in Windsor. I've been there before at a different hotel, but thought I'd try Harte & Gartner. I selected the queen room with castle view and was not disappointed. The charge for the room was equivalent to other hotels, but the best view of them all. My room had tall ceilings, spacious room, giant bathroom and the best part, I had 2 floor to ceiling windows that opened up to balconies looking directly at the castle. Absolutely stunning! The hotel also had a working lift (elevator) which others in the area do not have and your forced to lug your suit case around. The staff was pleasant and the adjacent restaurant was fantastic. I did not get a chance to try out the Spa on my short stay, but I certainly visited the castle, local shops (love) and the river. The weekends are so charming in Windsor, and staying at a hotel in the middle of it all was perfect. I will be back!

One point to note, you cannot change the temperature of the room. It does have A/C you can turn on, but it was cold during my trip and I was unable to heat the room up. I had warmer clothes so I just layered up, but wanted to point this out to others.

Room Tip: Best Views and Charming UK Feel
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We were visiting Windsor Castle. This hotel is directly opposite the castle and our room looked onto it. The room was clean, comfortable and tastefully furnished. Staff werevfriendly. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was in an ideal location overlooking Windsor Castle. The hotel was very comfortable and rooms nicely furnished with tea & coffee facilities. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We ate in the restaurant and I had the Clam Chowder stew with mash potato followed by apple & blackberry crumble with custard which was absolutely delicious. I would have given it 5 stars but there was no car parking on site.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Raining on Saturday and a tad early for 5:15p Evensong at St George's Chapel I popped into Harte & Garter for hot tea. It's a busy place with high tea being enjoyed by many but I just wanted a hot pot of tea. I got it and loved it. Very affordable at 4 pounds and look at how it arrived - steaming hot and served properly,

Room Tip: Hot Tea Served Properly With a View of Windsor Castle too
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo