2,794 results
All reviews west wing the river rocky horror beautiful hotel deck chairs afternoon tea fat duck beautiful grounds the main house glass of champagne tennis courts leisure facilities a river view room sandwiches lovely setting special occasion waiting staff
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Although we were upgraded to a suite as it was my Birthday. We did not expect to be woken up at 2.30 in the morning listening to people organising the barbeque below our window and talking and unloading drinks from a buggy until 3.45. Who in there right minds would do such a thing. When we complained to reception all she said was sorry about that. Oh they were getting ready for a wedding. Not very good customer service. We shall not be returning

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank pamela37
Daniel M, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear pamela37,

Thank you for your recent review.

I can only apologise for the disturbance and mention that this is not a regular occurrence. I have spoken to the Bar team about working outside in the early hours and also the Reception team on how to deal with the situation in future.

I hope you will give us another chance and decided to stay with us again one time in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

We booked a DB&B stay. I would recommend only a B&B booking to give you the choice for your evening meal. The inclusive dinner in our opinion was very limited and unimaginative. The reception staff were very efficient, the Butlers very helpful and the staff in the Bar and Restaurant were very attentive. Our room was large and comfortable. The grounds are fabulous although waterlogged when we visited. The hotel is just a few minutes drive from Windsor and very handy to visit other parts of this lovely area. Whilst the Hotel tries to cater for people with mobility problems it is not easy to access parts of the grounds for those who need the use of wheel chairs or mobility scooters. We don’t however I had a long chat with a gentleman who did as did his wife. The downside is that there is no public transport and parking in Windsor is very well used and expensive. We managed to park as we were in Windsor by 1000hrs. People arriving later did find it difficult to park.I would certainly go back to the hotel again. The overall experience was just what we had hoped for.

Room tip: Our room had problems with the shower in so much as the temperature selector was very loose and went from on to hot. It would not stay in the warm position. The bathroom/shower was a bit dated and could do with upgrading.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ChasFellows,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us and found the service to be efficient, helpful and attentive. Unfortunately, as a listed building we are restricted to the layout of the hotel and the refurbishments we are able to make. We do our best to work round these issues by including ramps and having a Butlers team on call 24 hours for any assistance which may be needed.

I hope you will return to us again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I came here last year for my birthday as I wanted something special. And indeed it was! Very special. First of all, I loved the building itself. So beautiful on the outside and inside too! There is a wonderful terrace to sit outside day and evening, you almost feel like you are away (for locals). I was treated to a lovely glass of chamagne for my birthday, thank you very much. Oh, and they left a balloon for me for my birthday in my room! That was so sweet and made my day (don't forget to mention that on booking if you have a birthday). : ) I loved the room - it was spacious and clean. The hotel itself has wonderful decor and many public areas to relax in. I was literally mesmerised by them, especially the tea room. It is delightful! What I really enjoyed that laptops are not allowed in some of the special areas of the hotel - this is so refreshing! You really don't want to be surrounded by technology when you are relaxing in such a beautiful hotel.
The hotel grounds are magnificent. I took a walk in the morning after delicious breakfast (with champagne!) with very good service. There is a beautiful variety of the trees around the hotel (love them) and a river where you can sit and enjoy looking at the water.
I even wrote a short story about the hotel trees in the morning so my stay was truly inspiring. Loved every moment of it. Thank you for making my birthday special!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Maria S,

Wow! Thank you for your positive and insightful review, it was certainly a pleasure to read how memorable your stay was with us. The hotel certainly is eye catching and the décor has been designed to create an old Victorian feel with a modern twist, I am pleased that this was to your liking and you were able to find a room to relax and unwind in.
It was so nice to hear you enjoyed our gardens and landscape, the trees on site are very old, some much older than the hotel itself!
It is clear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I am so pleased that the hotel was able to make your birthday extra special. I hope you will join us again in the future for another memorable get away.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We had the most wonderful time. Nothing was too much to help us celebrate our anniversary. Staying overlooking the Thames during a grey April still made us feel lucky that we had chosen the perfect location. And most of all we loved the history that oozes out of every bit of wood!

Room tip: Spend the pennies and treat yourself to a suite inside the house
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Daniel M, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear Chris F,

Thank you for your complimentary review following your stay at The Oakley Court, I was so pleased you enjoyed your anniversary celebrations with us and feel that you choose the perfect location. I hope you will return to us again for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I took my mother and daughter for afternoon tea on mother’s day. The service was excellent, the choice of sandwiches and pastries were excellent, the only fault I could find was that the scones were very hard. We had visited Oakley Court last mother’s day and had the same problem,so we hoped it would have been resolved. I feel it is such a shame that the hard scones spoiled an otherwise delicious afternoon tea.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Daniel M, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear TJSLSA,

Thank you for your review, I was so pleased you and your Mother you enjoyed our Mother's Day Afternoon Tea experience and enjoyed our choice of sandwiches and pastries. I am sorry to hear about the scones, I will pass this on to our Head Chef for investigation.

I hope you will return to us again soon.