“Lovely Hotel Brilliant Location”

Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Cheshire - ENGLAND
“Lovely Hotel Brilliant Location”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We were lucky to get a room on a Saturday Night especially on offer!

Having stayed in many MacDonald Hotels we would have to say this is one of the best. Fabulously decorated and whilst the rooms are not huge they are well appointed and equipped (even with a Bose Ipod Dock!).

We parked in the (pre-book) underground car park although finding it was a chore (TIP get the car park postcode for your sat-nav, not the hotel postcode)! Which worked very well and although we did not use the restaurant the bar area was nice and the comfy sofas in the lobby were ideal for our afternoon tea, even if the scones arrived well after the tea had gone cold!! This was our only niggle on otherwise a super weekend in the seemingly effortless hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stubeyfish
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear stubeyfish,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay overall and thank you for such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel in the very near future.

Beverley Molmans
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 5 May 2012

You could not get a better location, unless you have an invitation to Windsor Castle by the Queen.

This really is a stunning hotel. The Hotel is very new with very well appointed rooms. All your needs are catered for. Being Windsor, prices are expensive but this was a hotel we were prepared to pay extra for.

Not everything was 100% though. The rubber under the shower door was broken, thus flooding the floor. On the second day, housekeeping did not replace our half used shampoo. Simply left it there. They did not replace our towels so when we wanted to shower the second night we couldn't. We couldn't phone reception for clean towels as the room phone was not working. So one of us had to walk down to reception to request shampoo, towels and for someone to fix the phone. We eventually got the shampoo and towels but the phone was never fixed. This should not be necessary in a hotel of this calibre.

Otherwise, loved this hotel and can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank atravelfoodie
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear JWCT,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your stay with us.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay overall, however may I sincerely apologise for your disappointment with some of the housekeeping and maintenance aspects of your stay. Please be assured that I am investigating into your comments as they are in no way reflective of our usual standards of service or feedback. Every guest should experience the same high level of service and I am sorry that this was not the case in your experience.

I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of the hotel and I hope despite the shortfalls you experienced, that you will return. Indeed, do contact me direct in order that I may take care of the arrangements for you personally.

rob140567
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed here for one night after finding the hotel on last minute site. I paid £165 for a double room and I was impressed with everything about the hotel. I called in the morning to enquire about onsite parking and was told it had to be pore booked and cost was £25 but person on the phone was really helpful and friendly. I arrived and the parking was all valet and my bags taken directly to my room. Checkin was swift and very friendly, I stayed in room 312 which although small was superb and very comfortable. Bose docking station was one of many extras which really made the room very pleasant.

I had a meeting in the afternoon and we enjoyed a great afternoon tea in the contemporary dining area, served by more very helpful and friendly staff. In the evening the biggest benefit of all was the fact the the hotel is in the perfect position, directly opposite windsor castle and all the evening bars. Returning to the hotel was like a retreat from the busy town and bar was a great place to end the evening.

Check out was perfect and car brought to the door ready to go.

I have already booked a return and cannot say enough good things about this hotel and its wonderful staff.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob B
Dear Rob B,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and we appreciate such a helpful and detailed review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel very soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

One night only stay with two colleagues following a work event. We were all impressed by every aspect of this hotel from start to finish.

The car park and luggage valet is a nice touch and was easy to find.

The rooms are modern and really great and still have their newness and the bed comfy. Decor is really modern and the bathroom very stylish.

We checked comments here before booking and found comments about service from the staff unfounded. During our stay the check-in/out team, concierge and the restaurant and bar crew were all prompt and truly service-oriented. If there were service issues, they've been ironed out.

Really good breakfast as well in a well-designed restaurants...love the ample chairs.

We left feeling rested and are now trying to figure out how we can orchestrate another visit to Windsor.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ShaunofSingapore
Dear ShaunofSingapore,

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel very soon!

swindon
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I'm staying at this hotel now for 4 nights, and since arriving yesterday I have been very impressed. The design is lovely, and very welcoming. The rooms are nice and showers awesome. Staff are so very helpful and pleasant which is not so common nowadays! Probably the best hotel I've stayed in in the uk for a long time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank zoe12583
Dear zoe12583,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review during your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.