1,291 results
All reviews milk and cookies health club swimming pool legoland package pancake machine activity pack two double beds play area kids buffet bar area changing rooms kids eat free visiting legoland executive room petrol station lego land business hotel
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

After having a huge house fire in November we had to relocate to The Holiday Inn for a week, they were very friendly and understanding
However when asking the staff at the Starbucks within if we could have four disposable cups to take back to our burnt down house I was informed I could only have two or would have to pay for more coffee.
Fond memories

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

On Arrival, went to check in as booked via booking.com and asked for midday check in. Booking.com confirmed they had requested it. So on arrival the two ladies on reception said rooms weren’t ready and booking.com hadn’t requested it. We got the rooms around 1315 after the reception team asked house keeping to speed them up. Credit to them. As we leaving for a wedding at 1445. The room was clean and tidy. Bathroom was clean. Bar area was spread out and was pricey for a drink and sandwiches were over priced. Would use hotel again but wouldn’t drink or eat there due to being over priced.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Not normally one for writing reviews but this was terrible. The room was small, made up of dust and clumps of hair. We also had a lamp as an ornament because it certainly didn't work. From our window we had a lovely view of a car wash and lots of overflowing bins. At the side of this was the staff smoking area where we could hear the hotel workers chewing the fat with some choice language. Just glad the kids wasn't with us.
To escape the room we went down to the pool. It was ok until we entered the Jacuzzi and was greeted by a couple of dead flies. Needless to say, we made a quick exit.
The hotel as a whole is shabby and dated and not what you want for the amount they charge.
All in all this was an absolutely awful stay. Thank heavens it was just for one night. I wouldn't mind but there are some lovely B&B's and alternative hotels in the area for half the price. I would strongly recommend to anyone that you stay in one of these.
I will be visiting this area fairly often due to family moving there but I definitely won't be staying at Holiday Inn. Once bitten, twice shy.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi Colin M,

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the condition of our property and the size of the room you were given were not to your satisfaction. Also, I'm sorry to hear that you were letdown by the cleanliness and condition of our pool facility. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and I appreciate your feedback. Know that providing every guest's needs is our top priority and we are always trying our best to give you a great impression. As IHG wants to make your every stay flawless, your thoughts are taken into account and are shared with our hotel management to be used as a reference to better your next experience with us.

Again, thanks for letting us know and I'd like to follow up on your concerns that's why I've sent you a private message. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return, Colin M!

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were very pleased by the comfort of the hotel, but were really delighted by the performance of the staff. The friendliness and cordial attitude of all members of staff is to be praised. Keep up the good work.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Very clean, nice breakfast buffet (albeit quite pricey), actually pricey also is the hotel which is ok but not more, yet priced as a 4star hotel...
Nice gym equipment, could use a renovation though.
Now, the pillows were lacking softness which wrecked my neck, although they say there is a choice. Both where not good for me.

Date of stay: June 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hello Raphael L,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad you liked the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry for the shortfalls you have noticed with our fitness center. I am also sorry for the discomfort you had with your pillows and our food rates were not to your liking. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Anthony M