See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

First time staying in a wetherspoons hotel .hotel very clean , staff very pleasant and helpful .rooms are very clean and modern with excellent en suite bathrooms .only down side of hotel was very noisy road runs down the side but would still stay again

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2015

Spacious fresh airy room. Comfortable bed with fresh crisp bedding. Large bathroom with bath and shower cubicle. Nicely presented . Staff very helpful and friendly . Only down fall is that room 118 was not suitable for my sister with a walking stick as too many stairs, not hotel fault as we had last room available . Highly recommend .

Room tip: Room 118 not good for the old or with walking sticks
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

This Wetherspoons building must have been a traditional hotel over the years. The corridors were dark, up and down a few stairs, and never ending. The rooms themselves were on the small side with high ceilings and sash windows. I assume that, at one time, there were communal bathrooms. Fortunately, all the facilities are now modern and en suite. With breakfast in the bar for £2.90, the whole visit was good value.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2014

We dropped in on a chilly old Tuesday lunch time ( Market day ) and the place was extremely busy and popular . Our first ever visit here ...its a large spacious place with bags of oldie World character throughout . The food is cheap and lots of good deals on offer ... a busy bar means popular so it cant be all bad eh ! The food was delivered promptly and presentable. My steak was cooked just right for me but my wife's salad lacked just about everything advertised in the menu . We complained to the Thai waitress who was down right rude ( no I am not a racist ) and she said she was to busy with orders to look into the issue and said " its all we have today " . After a moan to the Management we got a refund and they were most apologetic and helpful .
Maybe we called in on an extra busy day ... ?

Room tip: Tuesday is Market day in the City and I can imagine the place fills up quickly ! lunchtime seemed mega busy and a fight for a table !
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Found this one difficult to review in terms of the rating. The rooms are really very smart having recently been refurbished. Problem i had was I stayed in room 117 which to get to with a suitcase was like the krypton factor assault course. I'm a relatively fit person but god forbid anyone elderly gets a back room. It's endless to get to, lots of stairs to climb up and down and badly signed. They must sort this out! The fact it is a wetherspoons is great for a cheap pint and the river runs just past the hotel so a nice spot to sit out so all good in that respect hence my 'very good' rating.
Oh and nightly rate not bad at all for this area. Wifi pretty good.

Date of stay: July 2014