“Yum!”

Noodle House
Ranked #527 of 2,266 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stumbled on this place by chance. Loved the quirky menu and My curry potato chicken with coconut rice was really good. Unpretentious decor and great food. My kind of place.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

A friendly nice little eating place for Maylayisan and Cantonese food ( noodles, rice, wanton, braised beef and roasts etc). Great food and price. It is not a place to hang around for hours but excellent for a quick meal.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Me and a friend come by here and decided to eat roughly around 9:30pm.
Many other restaurants around the area were still cuing at the doors at this time which is why we decided on Noodle House.

I went to the counter to order, everything seemed alright but then I witnessed a chef there drinking out of a sauce pan (as you do), I thought it was ridiculous but went and sat down.

I give credit where its due, the food came fast, but round 10 minutes into eating it however I heard 'Sauce Pan Guy' uttering "Hurry up!" around 20 times in a row...
As he wasn't looking in my direction I thought nothing of it, but then it become evident he was talking about us because he started going on about how "The place is closed!" and "You knew it shut at this time!".

The fact is, no I didn't!. If they also knew that it was closing themselves, then why let anymore customers in to order food to eat within 10 minutes of time?.
Can you not prepare for close whilst we're eating?. Could you not have waited another five minutes for us to finish?.
It just gives me the impression that they were after the money... so on that note, I won't be going back there.

I know the deal with the experience: you pick, it comes quick, you eat quick and you leave... but not like that. Ridiculous!.
I don't know what was in that man's sauce pan... but he needs to learn some manners!.

1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Noodle House is a restaurant that can be described as a hybrid between a fast food "order-and-go" style or a sit, eat and dine restaurant. From customers having a short snappy quick lunch, to enjoying a decent meal with friends and family, the reasonably priced Noodle House welcomes everyone to come and have a try.
Decide on what you want to order when you come in and then make your way to the queue. Once you have ordered and paid for your food, help yourself to cutlery, napkins and hot water on the side whilst finding a comfortable seat. When the chefs have prepared your food they will call out your meal for you to collect. Fresh ingredients and a finely crafted menu helps give an excellent eating experience.
P.S: (Toilets are downstairs) c:

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The only word to describe the food here is fantastic!
This truly is one of Leeds' little hidden gems...
From the outside it doesn't look too appealing as it's tucked away between the trendy bars and restaurants on Merrion street but do not let put you off... we'd walked past loads of times thinking it was a takeaway?
You order food at the kitchen counter, take a seat and wait for the staff to call you over to collect your food.
We ordered 2 x large 3 meat noodle soup - It was delicious...
I now need to go back to try the rest of the menu.
It was very busy but as it's fast food you'll soon get a table as we did.
The service is good, the prices very reasonable & the food amazing!
I would definitely recommend a visit....