“Service not great ”

Cuisines: European, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I’ve eaten here twice now, the food is pretty good but the service isn’t the best. Had to ask if we could order drinks after half an hour of being seated and completely abandoned at the end of the meal on both occasions: I had to go up to the bar to ask for the bill the last time and three staff were just stood around chatting...then the bill had an extra £40 on it by mistake so my friend had to go back to the bar again. A shame that the experience isn’t the best as the pub itself is lovely inside.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for lunch with my partner.

The place was ok but lacked ambience and nice decor. The bit by the bar was nicer but all reserved. We sat in the back which feels a bit lifeless

Service was slow and the waitresses seemed stressed out. The food was fine- not terrible but not the best. Standard pub food I’d say. The menu is all over the place which is always a worry when you try to do so many different dishes.

The club sandwich was nice enough just a tad dry. Dry chicken, dry toasted bread so needed a lot of mayo to get it down. My partner said his burger was nice and the onion rings were fine- a tad greasy but ok.

On a whole the food was fine just be nice to have service with a smile and not feel like you’re putting them out

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I absolutely love it here, we’re regular customers as we live really close. We dine in every week and we’re there most weekends. But recently we visited and found out cocktails are off of the menu which is super disappointing as we used to have them every weekend. There isn’t anywhere else locally other than the Calverley Arms but we’ve had too many bad experiences there. Now for an evening out we’ll find ourselves in Horsforth rather than our local.. :-(

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had Sunday dinner with friend with a child and the staff where very attentive and catered for the 3yr old menu wise as they were able to order a child portion from the adult menu. The atmosphere is child and family friendly. The good is excellent and great value. You are not rushed to leave and can have a relaxing Sunday afternoon dinner without being rushed. The price of the Sunday menu is worth every penny. We highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We tried the Thornhill Arms for a family lunch and it was a good choice. The food was great and well presented. They catered for the different dietary needs of people at the table and were very helpful with all queries that we had. The staff are pleasant and friendly, the surroundings are clean and well presented with cosy little corners for couples who want some privacy.
This is a good value restaurant with a varied menu, I would highly recommend it.