“Best flat”

Ranked #9 of 27 Speciality Lodging in Leeds
London
“Best flat”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I've lived in amny short term appartment but this is the best i've ever seen. the service and prepration is wenderfull and people are very kind. Myself and family loved the place.

THanks

Room Tip: i put the swimming pool and fitness center as average because i did not try that service
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mohammed A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed at the Chambers Friday evening for a night out with friends in Leeds. I had been recommended by a friend to stay at the Chambers and may I say I was not disappointed. The staff couldn't do enough for us and the apartment itself was clean, contemporary and had goodies in the fridge for our arrival. The view from our balcony was amazing and with the added benefit for on site parking so close the Leeds City Centre it offered everything you need for your visit to Leeds, whether it be with your friends or visiting with your family - it has it all. I will definitely stay again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Chambers.

Thank you for a very pleasant experience !

Room Tip: We were fortunate to have the Penthouse but we had a sneak preview of the other rooms and they are a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank 40Liz40
England
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We made a booking at Riverside West for one night for in February 2012 and a further 3 nights in April 2012

After our stay in February we cancelled the April booking.

The apartment did not live up to the expressed and implied expectations.

The check in process involved us having to walk into the apartment, which had been left unlocked and unattended for nearly 24 hours with the keys left on the kitchen worktop. We never saw a member of staff during our whole stay. It wasn't as if we had arrived out of hours but it was around 2pm in the afternoon.

They provided 2 key fobs, one for the main gate and one for the underground car park. Neither were labelled and both had numerous buttons. There were no instructions as to which button operated which gate and we had to just press buttons at random and hope for the best when entering or leaving.

The 2 bedroom apartment had not been cleaned very well. The master bedroom carpet was stained and filthy. The grouting in the main bathroom was dirty and crumbling away. In some areas there was no grouting at all.

My 4 year old son dropped a toy car down the side of the sofa and when I removed the cushions to retrieve it, it was absolutely filthy underneath with hairs, dust and other debris. Clearly the cushions had not been removed to be vacuumed for months.

The heating had been left on full in the apartment with some of the windows left wide open. It was boiling hot inside and took hours to cool down even after turning the heating off.

The bed in the master bedroom was the smallest and most uncomfortable double bed I have ever slept in. I have subsequently learned that they apparently have some apartments with kingsize beds but we were never offered this option.

The location of the apartment block is not particularly good. They are described as "city centre apartments" but are located some considerable walk from the city centre. It is over 10 minutes walk to the city centre.

The back of the apartment overlooked the river but it was dull and dismal. There was large area of derelict waste ground. You wouldn't want to be walking in the local vicinity at night as the general feel was creepy and unsafe. Despite this their website recommended going for a "jog along the riverbank". Do so at your peril!

The television did not have Sky, as described, but had only the standard freeview channels which include a handful of the basic Sky channels.

This is certainly not 4-star accommodation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank High_Expectations_UK
Wetherby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed at Riverside West for over a year after initially signing up for a month having sold my home and whilst searching for my next one.

The fridge was stocked with goodies for my arrival and all the keys, fobs and remote controls for heating etc were explained to me. It felt like living in a swanky hotel with all the home comforts I had been used to in my own home. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bed linen pristine and top notch.

The cleaners were great and the apartment was always spotless after they had left, lightbulbs were changed immediately after contacting the team and windows were cleaned and upgrades made on an ongoing basis.

I did not see staff regularly but this was actually what I wanted as they were only a phonecall away but were not around so much as to make it feel like it was not my home.

It is very convenient for the city centre, I walked along the canal everday to work and it took around 6 minutes to stroll into the centre. Very convenient for sampling the nighlife!

I was sorry to leave the apartments when I found my new home and look back without a single negative thought surrounding my stay. I was proud to call it home and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: My room had a balcony overlooking the river and canal - a lovely view and peaceful
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank Jane S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed at Riverside West on business for 3 nights last week. I usually stay at The Chambers in Park Place when I visit Leeds, but on this occasion they were fully booked. Having experienced the lovely accommodation and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at The Chambers, I would not now stay anywhere else when I am in Leeds, so rather than book into a hotel, I opted for Riverside West and I was not disappointed. Joanne gave me all the information I needed to be able to access the apartment without any problems, and even arranged for my bag to be taken over to the apartment from Park Place for me! She told me verbally - and there was a note to this effect in the apartment - that should I need anything, or if I had any problems, I need only phone over to Park Place and they would sort it out (not that I neede to do this).The apartment was lovely, and in keeping with the usual high standards of Park Place. I was in a 2 bedroom apartment which had balconies at the bedrooms and the livingroom, looking out over the river - lovely to stand out there in the evening (even in February) with a glass of wine! The apartment was beautifully furnished and absolutely clean, and the kitchen was well stocked with everything I would need for my stay. I slept in the main bedroom (with en-suite shower room). The bed was fantastic - nice firm mattress and cool cotton sheets. I had a great sleep every night (which is more than I can say for myself even when I am at home!). It IS a bit further out of town than Park Place, and I can't say that I enjoyed the walk there after work much - but only because it is a bit boring, with not much to look at (I didn't feel unsafe at all). The upside was that the walk into work in the mornings along the riverbank was very enjoyable. Given what I have said about it being a bit further out of town (and me being a woman on my own) Christine, the owner even came round to the flat on my first night to see if I was ok and that I had everything I needed!!. Where else would you get care and attention like that??? My visit to Riverside West was everything I expected, given the fantastic team that is The Chambers.

Room Tip: I was in Apartment 56 - lovely view of the river. A bit of noise from the railway in the morning, b...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business