“Jaipour - best Indian Restaurant in Leeds”
Review of Jaipur Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Jaipur Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Leeds
“Jaipour - best Indian Restaurant in Leeds”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Jaipur is without doubt the best Indian Restaurant I have eaten at. Seasonal menu with everything cooked to order and to the heat you want. This added with fantastic service, atmosphere and in a modern, clean and good looking restaurant makes it the only choice for very good food at a more than reasonable price.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank jon M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

UK
“Excellent local curry house”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

It's great to see Armley with a great local restaurant to eat in with a lovely contemporary interior.
We have been here several time since it opened and really enjoyed the food.
The service is excellent and have had a few chats with friendly owners who are often serving and only too happy to recommend something new to try.
We are both veggie and they have some interesting regional speciality dishes as well as some different types of bread.
The namesake beer is tasty but disappointingly this has not been available every time we've visited.
We've been with friends who aren't veggie who have all been impressed with the meat and fish dishes too.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank cameronblack_exp
Bristol, UK
“Smart place with good food”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

A welcome sight - Leeds seems to be a no man’s land for restaurants outside the centre. An historic building with a blue plaque, smartly refurbished inside with bare walls, tiles, glass and wood. Veggie pakura, a poppadom and pickles with a nice onion chutney

Special biryani was special, tingly with a gentle spicy aftertaste. They sell Jaipur IPA - no relation, it comes from Thornbridge brewery in Derbyshire - very nice, goes well with curry.

Half price on main courses on Mondays

Jack Whittaker is a database administrator specialising in SQL Server technologies and author of the DBAtasks Blog - http://DBAtasks.blogspot.com

Visited April 2012
2 Thank jacw2000
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Curry and wonderful Jaipur Beer”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We have been to this restaurant more than a dozen times and have taken family and friends. We have always enjoyed the excellent food and award winning Jaipur beer. If you should try it soon!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank changingyou
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A firm favourite - excellent food, service and ambiance.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We've eaten in at and had take-away from Jaipur a number of times now and it's always excellent. The food is exquisite - flavours and textures are fresh, complex and carefully balanced and not greasy at all. You can see the dishes being prepared in the kitchen area, which always gets me thinking about what to order next time we go. I'm a big fan of the sag paneer, the lamb chops and the specials board, which encourages me to choose some more unusual dishes. And now, having got over my Gordon-Ramsay-Kitchen-Nightmares-conditioning, I am very grateful for being given the choice of having my dishes at whatever heat-level I desire because it opens up every option on the menu to me.
The restaurant is comfortable, contemporary and stylish and the service is friendly and welcoming. A firm favourite.
I'm lucky to be a local, but if I wasn't I would definitely make the journey here (for those coming from further afield, they have an attended customer car park and buses 72, 14, X6, among others stop nearby).

Visited April 2012