“Service with a smile”

Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Ilkley
“Service with a smile”
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

Ok for starters some of Theese negative views are not a true reflection on what is a good Hotel.
There are things like dated corridors small bathrooms and there are areas that are a bit disappointing within a Hotel that carries such prestige but overall things are good.
I want to really mention the check in staff and especially the bar staff who were just brilliant, relaxed yet professional chatty and interested in you and your stay and helpful and informative.
We had a Deluxe twin on the 12th floor which was very comfy not immaculate but in good order,super comfy beds and a great shower but small baths which are useless and no fridge or minibar which is not brill.
breakfast was great, a buffet as usual good selection of items and nice quality to Boot,staff hovered a little as if to rush you a bit so they could clear your table which was a bit off putting.
To Sum up it is a good Hotel it's not as Glamarous or spacious as say the Liverpool Hilton but has its own atmosphere and the staff are Hardworking and very Friendly.
Enjoy it for what is and don't be swayed by the Negativity of some reviews as there not fair.

• Stayed August 2012
Janet M, PA to General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Boothwink
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Tripadvisor, further to your visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and especially found my team helpful, hardworking and very friendly. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind comments with all of my team, as they act as a great motivator.
Please be assured I have noted your feedback in regards to the 12th Floor Deluxe twin room you were allocated during your stay has been noted. Mini bars are not a feature at the Hilton Leeds City.
Thank you once again, for your much appreciated feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Leeds City, very soon.

General Manager Hilton Leeds City
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
benidorm
Reviewed 4 August 2012

excellent facilities in room absolute no complaints , staff really helpful with check in and only sorry hotel was full so i had only 1 night , excellent location an easy walk from station hotel full of large groups but had no problem at check in or breakfast , spot on

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tony4848
Dear tony4848

Thank you for your kind comments that you have noted on Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with all of my team here at the Hilton Leeds City.
Thank you once again, for your valued feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Leeds City, very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Expectations for staying in a Hilton were high, however slightly disappointed with this one in Leeds. Location is perfect, right next door to the train station and a 5-10minute walk to the shopping centre. However, the rooms were a slight let down. Bed very large and comfortable but decor needs updating as carpets are quite thread bare. Bathroom very small with a not so nice shower curtain. Overall this hotel is in a good location but not worth Hilton prices or status.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Janet M, PA to General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear Stretz
Thank you for your comments placed on Tripadvisor, further to your visit to the Hilton Leeds City in March.
All your feedback has been noted. I am sorry for the disappointment caused to you in regards to the room offered to you, during your stay. I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations.
I am delighted to confirm to you that further to your visit to our hotel, we have carried out an extensive refurbishment programme of works, which has reached our 5th (and final floor) of bedrooms, resulting in our hotel being fully refurbished by the end of August 2012. In addition to this, our 10th floor bedroom corridor is being renovated. We feel that the above work will further enhance all our customers experience. Please be assured that your feedback has been noted.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Location
Literally next door to Leeds Train Station. Great if you plan to use the Trains.
Car Park, ridiculously tight corners and narrow lanes. Lousy!

Check-in process
Quite straightforward. Well handled. Even gave me an upgrade to a higher level room. Recognized me as a Diamond member.

Elevators
Only one of them was working. Long waits, stops at every floor. Horrible if you are in a rush to get some place.

Room
Comfortable, spacious, WiFi internet rocked! Great speed and bandwidth.

Breakfast
Was a nice spread. Good variety. Well laid out. No complaints.

Printing Boarding Pass & Check-out
Had checked with the Front desk staff if they could print out my Boarding pass for me. James E. who was at the front desk overnight said he would be happy to do that and provided me his email address for me to send the PDF copy of the Boarding pass which I did. The following is the copy of the email I sent him along with the attachment of the Boarding Pass.

Hello James,
Kindly print this for me. You can send it up with the copy of the bill overnight. Thanks.
Best Regards,
Kumar Sivan

However, James was unable to work out the simple instructions above. Overnight, I did not get the Boarding pass slipped under my door along with the Room statement. I stopped by the Front Desk after Breakfast, I requested Bridget T. who after some searching announced to me that James E. had not even printed the Boarding pass or left it at Reception. So Bridget T. provided me her email address and asked that I resend it to her which I did. I also requested Bridget (as I was in a hurry) to print out the Statement for the 3 rooms (I had 2 other colleagues with me) all on one Statement and I would be coming down in 10 minutes.

10 minutes later, when I come back down with my luggage ready to merely pick up the documents and go, Bridget had not even touched any of my requests. She quickly checks her computer for the email, then goes about looking for paper to fill in the Printer and has made no progress towards giving me a consolidated bill for the 3 rooms.

I think I have seldom seen worse incompetence from Front Desk staff than I did at the Hilton Leeds City. Overall left a very bad taste.

This is the type of treatment I received as a Diamond member of Hilton. Dont hold your breath if you are a lay person at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Janet M, PA to General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear kumarcheryl
Thank you for your feedback placed on Tripadvisor, following your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
All your comments have been noted. I am sorry for the disappointment caused to you in regards to our hotel car park.
I have also noted your feedback in regards to our lifts. One of our guest lifts is currently having extensive refurbishment work undertaken, however, we have 2 alternative (back of house) lifts on offer. Adequate signage is located throughout the hotel, showing directions.
I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfast and the room offered to you
However, there can be no excuse for the unacceptable level of service that you experienced from my Reception team. Please be assured your feedback has been noted and I have discussed your concerns with my Front Office to ensure that the appropriate re-training is taken. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
Thank you once again, for your valued feedback.

General Manager Hilton Leeds City

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

As Hilton hotels go this is not one of the best the deals you can get are good value but you are let down by the shabbiness of the hotel its self .I stayed in one of the suites and it was very clean and tidy with slippers,gown,apples,yorkie bars ,water and red wine this was all ok however around the hotel its self needed a good clean ,the pool is smelly and could do with a good deep clean and as for the grate on the floor of the sauna you could of covered a leather chair with the skin in there!!.The bar is ok on price as far as hotels are concerned but only had one drink as the place is like a airport departure lounge full of people with cases waiting to be booked in.We stopped on the 7th floor and waiting for the lift was a joke COME ON HILTON read the reports and do yourself a favor clean up your act.(sorry Leeds Hilton)the rest i have sopped in have been fine.

Room Tip: Rooms fine but hotel needs a clean