Hilton Leeds City
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
2,380 results
All reviewstrain stationking suitecosta coffeehealth clubleeds citycentral locationwould stay againbreakfast was excellentstayed here for one nightleisure facilitiescar parkingbars and restaurantsgymslippers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I must have upset some one at work and I'm being punished by having to stay at the Hilton. My first thought that work was on an economy drive and they'd booked be into the cheapest hotel they could find, but when I checked the prices the hotel seems to have the cheek to charge about average prices.

On the way to reception the whole hotel has a "battered" impression. The rubber hand rail on the escalators to reception is perished and cracked. The metal work supporting the glass facade is noticeably dirty.

Only one lift was working causing delays, so much so that a lift would arrive and be too full to enter.

The rooms felt old. If rooms looked better I'd believe they had gone for some sort of 70's retro chic, but I am afraid it's just 70's time warp.

I like a firm bed, but it felt worse than sleeping on the floor because I could feel the mattress springs underneath me, even worse I could hear the springs whenever I moved.

I don't often have anything from the mini-bar, that's just as well because there wasn't one. Nor was there a bath. If I was being generous I'd admit that there might be a hip-bath but after everything else I'd describe it as a deep shower tray rather than a bath of any sort.

Room Tip: To get the best room, try another, any other hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed Friday 13th thru Sunday 15th April 2012.
I was allocated room 710.
The staff were brilliant, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and efficient.
The room was average size, clean and all facilities worked, the bed was very comfortable, being English I really appreciated the ample supply of tea & coffee supplied.
If I had a criticism its about the size of the bathroom - it is very small.
The City3 restaurant was a very attractive room and the staff were very good.
The famous? Hilton Breakfast was rubbish.
Saturday 14th breakfast - bacon was cold, coffee was lukewarm, sausage was terrible, no taste, looked OK but when you cut it open it looked like compressed cardboard.
Sunday 15th breakfast - coffee was lukewarm, black pudding tough, fried eggs over cooked, rock hard fried bread. I got the impression that the food had been cooked earlier and left under the heat lamps for an extended period. The sausage was the same as the day before, tasteless.
A bit sad really, a very nice weekend was spoilt by the quality of the breakfast.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and it was quiet - I think the party goers were all on higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ianeon1
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 weeks in March / April when the DoubleTree was full...

The refurbished floors have been done really well, and the rooms are clean and fresh.
I've stayed on both floors 9 and 12, would recommend both, unfortunately the work on floors above on 2 weeks seems to begin at around 8am, which can be frustrating if you're trying to sleep !

The food in the restaurant can be both great, and a little basic - the same dish turned up looking and tasting very different over the time I was there...

There is no Exec lounge (or if there is I did not find it !) which is odd for a city centre hotel (this is Leeds)

The gym is a little disappointing, it's split over 2 tiny rooms, there is no music, and the air con is useless. The pool is not suitable to swim in, it's not clean, and not a great place to unwind (the steam room is more of a steam cupboard that can deal with 2 people at max). Again, the living well guys were great, but are making the most of a pretty bad set up.

Main problem is the lifts, there is one 'main' lift, but note that there are 2 in the lobby behind the main lifts ... (these are much quicker in the morning)

All round, the staff are very friendly,

It's not a bad hotel, but the refurb is being done for a reason .... it needs it !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a refurbished floor...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 12 April 2012

stayed at this hotel for a two day break..upon arrival we was given our room card and a card for the car park £15.00 pounds per day...staff are friendly and helpful...one negative point was through out our stay they had removal guys who kept blocking the lift entry and leaving funiture next to it also had one wierd removal guy who just remained in the lift and was going up and down he seemed drunk too! the reception was not on the ground floor which was a bit strange.
rooms are nice and clean with flat screen tv, had towels and beds done in the morning, breakfast was amazing very nice had a good variety of food to choose from which was nice also very relaxing you can read the paper and chill out.
swimming pool,spa and gym area excellent
on the last day the staff let us have the room 2 hours extra for free which was very nice of them.
location was good train station was less then 5 mins walk city centre 10 mins walk
overall I would come back and stay I did enjoy my stay at Hilton and Leeds too

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The rooms are nice, staff friendly, typical for Hilton. When I stayed the escalators leading up to the lobby were squeaking loudly. Its was not relaxing to sit in the bar area with all that racket.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business