“Excellent food and service”
Review of Moreno's

Moreno's
Ranked #225 of 2,305 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 29
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean, Moroccan, Tapas Located on the outskirts of the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire on edge of the famous Temple Newsam Estate. Moreno's made its debut in the restaurant scene in the beginning of 2002. Oliver’s award winning, Moreno’s restaurant provides guests with an unforgettable culinary experience. Alongside mouthwatering Moroccan tagines, guests can enjoy a full selection of steaks, fish and poultry from the grill and a delicious collection of tapas -light bites dishes- from the tapas bar. Guests are guaranteed fantastic food in comfortable and intimate atmosphere.
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Small family restaurant with delicious well presented food. The lamb tagine was absolutely outstanding. We eat here twice month . We would definitely recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank MichelleS803

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food. Lovely atmosphere and lovely people. Great menu selection. Lovely tagine, lovely wine.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank Shelley F
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Decided to try after reading good reviews but sadly the food at this place was dreadful .
The steak was completely full of gristle and it was clear by the amount left on plate there was an issue but no one asked was everything ok ?!
It came served with frozen chips that had been deep fried . It was basically a cheap steak and frozen chips for £17 plus extra for the sauce which was served cold .
And on top of that I had tummy pains and was on the toilet all night afterwards .
The steak looked off when I was eating it so I stopped but was poorly when I got home .
The restaurant was empty and now I see why .
Very overpriced for poor quality food .

Date of visit: September 2018
MorenosLeeds, Manager at Moreno's, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

We are very shocked by this review, to hear your story about your bad experience, we here at Morenos take pride in our food & service. We always communicate with our customers to see if they are enjoying their meals in fact we always ask this question. Your story conflicts with our standards. Our record is there for everybody to see. We are a family run restaurant and doors are always welcoming.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Don't live far from Moreno's and watched the place flourish over the years having only been in there once before, which was incidentally a great night out. This time we went for my Son's 19th Birthday, we booked in advance though the place was empty when we got there. The waiter was a lovely & helpful guy. The ambiance was a bit quiet, whilst the piped music a bit too loud. Of a party of 5 everyone enjoyed the food. My Daughter had salmon which looked and apparently tasted delicious. My Son's girlfriend had a vegetarian dish which she loved, but as a traditionalist I had to have the medium rare sirloin steak of which I found a little questionable. Have to say we've cooked better steaks at home but the steaming hot garlic mushrooms made up for that. My final opinion would be, definitely try Moreno's, there's plenty on the menu even if you want to be a little adventurous, but don't expect a great steak. Will definitely go back, but will focus on trying the more traditional Moroccan dishes.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank steveaustin33
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

A first time visit - went with my wife and in-laws. Had a great time. A lovely family atmosphere, the food was delicious and very filling. The lamb tagine is an excellent choice. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2018