“Modern Hotel In Ideal Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
nottinghamshire
“Modern Hotel In Ideal Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one Saturday night. Overall i was very impressed with the hotel. It was very clean and the room was very spacious. It was an ideal location only 5 minutes walk to train station and city centre. The only downside was the noise. When we came back to the hotel there was music blarring out. You could hear it in the lift and corridors. Luckily you couldnt hear it in the room but we were the furthest room away from the lift. I was woken up several times during the night from guests arriving back at the hotel. There was a lot of stag/hen parties staying in the hotel. The noise however only lasted whilst they walked down corridor to their rooms. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Polish first
Halifax
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed in room 601, this was a king deluxe room one above the base room.
We were right next to the train track and didn't find it to noisy other than one train sounding its horn at about 7am. What was noisy was the slamming doors from other rooms around us, I would have thought something would have been fitted to ensure a good nights sleep for all guests.
The room was clean and tidy with a nice big window overlooking the train station and the canal.
The reception staff were friendly and attentive.
We ordered room service a flat bread pizza which was OK if not a little over done and chips, there is however very little choice.
All in all a pleasant stay and would stay here again but next time a room on the other side of the building away from the trains.

• Stayed April 2012
Brighton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Used to live in Leeds and travelled up to see freinds. Honestly I wasn't expecting much from the £59 per night room, especially now I live down south where prices can be ridiculous for a box room and the service is often beyond terrible especially at large chains, so was shocked (in a good way) at what I found. I also see a lot of hotels through my work so have a lot to compare this place to.
The hotel is in an excellent location. The welcome was warm, as was the cookie. The room was clean and big enough with an excellent view over the canal and the city. The iMac in the room was a great bonus with free internet access. I can't fault this hotel really and that's unusual - there's usually something that bothers me even if just a little. Oh actually there was one tiny thing - not enough sugar sachets with the tea and coffee making stuff in the room but the cleaner gave me more when I saw her. I didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that - there was no need in anycase as the David Street Cafe is 2 minutes away, is cheaper and a proper nice old school cafe with a tasty full english and great service. Next time I'm in Leeds I'll stay here again for sure. Unbelievable value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MrElmo
Selby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am from Leeds so I make no excuses for praising the city or this hotel. If I live in Leeds why stay in a hotel? Well because it was a significant anniversary and I wanted to see how the city centre had developed since its blossoming in the 1980's. Thus I paid my money and did not take a taxi home. Mad.

The Doubletree has undergone a few changes of ownership since it first opened. Not sure why. The location is in what is now called Holbeck Village and behind the central railway station. In the next few years the station will have a southern entrance directly into this quarter; for now, if arriving by train, you'll have to walk through the Dark Arches - and that is all part of the fun. If driving - the hotel is served by ample car parking spaces and you will not have far to walk. Yes; a very central location and yes - easy parking.

Check in was painless and we got the Cookie. Bit of a twee novelty but - hey, so what?

Room on the fourth floor with a good view of this ever growing and vibrant city. Apple Mac TV - two in one PC and TV and very easy to use. No bath....bit disappointing but no show stopper. Huge bed, good pillows. Ample room space.

The sky lounge is excellent. DO NOT stand at the bar. Sit down, relax, the staff will come to you. It is not cheap but it is good and there are plenty of other bars in the vicinity if you do not want to pay the rather inflated prices. The view across the old industrial part of Leeds is, for a local, breathtaking. One can see.....dare I say......Elland Road!

After a lovely night out in Leeds it was wonderful to return to the hotel for a relaxing night's sleep. We paid a ridiculously cheap rate for this top rated hotel (shop around the web sites) and I would say we enjoyed every penny.

Book Early.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed here in March 2012 for my friends birthday, and I can promise this hotel is excellent.

Firstly, on arrival the staff were very friendly, and luckily our room was ready although we arrived before 2pm. The concierge politely asked if we needed help with luggage, but we only had small bags so this was not necessary. The room was immaculate, very clean and modern. It even had an imac computer which was very impressive, allowing you to browse the internet, play music etc free of charge.

We had a lovely view which looked out over Leeds, and the hotel was in an excellent location.

Unfortunately we did not make it down to breakfast in the morning, but got told great things by people that did.

Overall this hotel was brilliant, and would recommend to anyone staying briefly in Leeds.

Room Tip: If you have never been to Leeds before, i recommend that you print out directions from train station...