“Fabulous Food”

Dakota Bar & Grill, Leeds
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakota Bar & Grill, Leeds is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 2,266 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 99
Description: DAKOTA DELUXE LEEDS offers exceptional service and perfectly cooked, classic dishes our guests love in the heart of the city, on Greek Street. In our Brasserie Grill, enjoy steaks cooked simply on hot coals, fresh fish prepared to perfection, and delectable delicious desserts. Be tempted to our Breakfast Menu, Market Menu (lunch), Bar Tasters, A La Carte lunch & dinner menu available on our website. This is the place to be in Leeds city centre; from our cocktail Bar on Greek Street featuring the Champagne Room, to the exclusive first floor Bar with outdoor terrace. Guests will be blown away by our great cocktails, extensive wine selection, and great service. Our Bar & Grill is a 5 minute walk from the Trinity Shopping Mall and Leeds Train Station; a 10 minute drive from the First Direct Arena and a 30 minute journey from Leeds Bradford Airport. Table can be booked for our Bar, Champagne Room, and Grill via our website or by telephone.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We enjoyed a cosy meal for 2 on Maundy Thursday downstairs in the restaurant. we shared the 750g Côte De Boeuf £55 which was cooked perfectly and the accompaniments were spot on. Dessert too was lovely even though I opted for icecream the flavours were amazing especially the Baileys one. We've visited a few times and always find the staff really helpful in recommending wine to compliment your meal or ideas around any specials for the day.

guestrelationsdakota, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Bar & Grill, Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Karen S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm pleased to hear this was not your first visit to Dakota Deluxe and that our high standards of service and quality of food have remained the same. I look forward to sharing your compliments on the perfectly cooked Côte De Boeuf and flavoursome homemade ice cream with our Chefs.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Booked the restaurant for an evening meal on easter Sunday.When we were seated we were told there was only a Sunday lunch menu. We were not told this at the time of booking. Starters arrived and they were very average. The mains came, i had ordered lamb it was very fatty. My partner ordered beef which was as tough as an old boot. The vegetables seemed like they had been cooked for a while and kept warm. We had to ask for mint and horseradish sauce as none were offered.When the waitress returned to take our plates she could see there was a lot left over and asked if everything was ok. i replied it was very average and she said she would speak to the chef. When she returned i had to ask her if the chef had commented, and she replied that the chef had said everyone has a matter of opinion !! For this establishment i thought it was disgusting .
The bar upstairs was very nice with a great atmosphere. As for the food very poor.
J Tyler

1  Thank Jonathan T

Dear Lesleyannetyler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm very dissapointed to hear that your recent experience in our restaurant fell far short of the high standards Dakota Deluxe has become renowned for and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your feedback further in person.

Should you wish to, please contact me directly on guestrelations@leeds.dakotahotels.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was only our second visit after dining at Dakota almost a year ago when it first opened. We tend to travel far and wide to restaurants but decided to give Dakota another try as we had a Manchester visit planned the following day.

We dined on Saturday lunchtime and the restaurant was surprisingly quiet only another couple of tables in so service was very attentive throughout.

The complimentary tomato and cheese dipping sauce with fresh bread was exactly as we had experienced previously and is worth the visit alone, you have to try this. Both the set menu and a la carte were tempting so we decided to pick starters from the a la carte and take two courses from the set lunch menu (which is excellent value by the way).

We both opted for the fritto misto to start but asked for no Salmon, so came halibut, scallop and prawns in the most wonderfully light tempura batter. These were gorgeous, the prawns standing out. For main we both chose the spring lamb on a bed of minted pea sauce. The lamb was cooked perfectly pink and we were both surprised as to the generous portion size with it being on the set menu.

To finish there could only be one dessert and that was baked rice pudding with a cherry compote, wow a fantastic way to finish a refreshingly superb meal. We had a cracking Italian Chardonnay (who would have thought it!!) to accompany the meal, not cheap but highly recommended.

To summarise we will return and not leave it 12 months next time we are already planning another visit for the end of April. Up there with some of Leeds best restaurants and certainly head and shoulders above the current glut of chains.

Dear DLMinskip,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm thrilled to hear that your return visit to Dakota Deluxe has far exceeded your previous expectations and provided excellent value.

Our Fritto Misto is a classic Dakota dish that is extremely popular throughout our four restaurants. I'm delighted that the lamb was cooked perfectly to your liking and that our rice pudding proved to be the perfect note to end your meal. I thoroughly look forward to sharing your compliments with our Chefs and hope we have the pleasure al welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

As part of a luxury boutique hotel, the restaurant gives off a “posh”, smart vibe with the decor being all about the black furniture and mirrors. The staff were very attentive and I couldn’t fault the service although initially it did take a while to be asked what we would like to drink after we had been seated.

The Sunday menu offers 2 courses for £20, or 3 for £25. We decided to share a starter of the Tempura Prawns. Whilst we were waiting for our starter, one of the waiters brought over a complimentary “taster” of a fresh bread roll and a tomato, goats cheese and mozzarella dip – which was lovely! The bread and dip were light enough not to fill us up thankfully.

The starter of the prawns came served in a scallop shell, with a pot of freshly made garlic mayo (very strong garlic), salt crystals and lemon. The lemon was served in a fancy cloth bag, so any pips in the lemon couldn’t escape – great idea and I hadn’t seen that before! The prawns were a decent size portion and very delicious.

Our main courses came, and I have to say I was expecting more… in terms of the portion, but also the quality of some of the food. Posting the above photo on my Facebook page stirred up a common reaction of “Where is the rest of the dinner? / That is not a Sunday Roast”…but you can decide for yourself. I chose the lamb, which was cooked beautifully and was only just a good amount on the plate. The Yorkshire Puddings were decently cooked and a good size. I am not sure what the point of the small bit of watercress on the plate was all about. I felt that there shouldn’t have been more vegetables with the dinner not just small cubes of carrots, swede and parsnip. The roast potatoes were nice and the gravy was fine.

My partner chose the rib of beef, which I have to say did not look appetising at all. I know rib eye can be fatty, we cook/eat a lot of it ourselves, but the cut we were served had so much fat on it, I don’t think the restaurant should have served it at all. What meat was actually there was nice, but wasn’t great.

For dessert it was an easy choice to go for the Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream, which was nice, but not the best one I have had and was a small portion.

In summary I can’t comment on the usual menu, but as for the Sunday Lunch, the food wasn’t bad but I didn’t feel that it was amazing or memorable and this restaurant wouldn’t be at the top of the places I would recommend based on this experience. I’d be quite interested to see what it’s like staying in the hotel though as the rooms look amazing, and not that expensive!

1  Thank JensFoodBlog

Dear JensFoodBlog,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm pleased to hear your positive comments on the majority of the food received during your recent visit to Dakota Deluxe. Our complimentary venetian dip and bread is very popular indeed, and the prawn tempura, a Dakota classic. While we are frequently commented on the fantastic value of our Sunday lunch menu, I'm sorry to hear that you did not feel the same. I am however thrilled that your lamb was cooked beautifully and that you enjoyed our homemade Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes.

I would like to apologise for the cut of beef your partner received which I can only agree is absolutely not up to our usual high standards. Although I am disappointed we were not given the opportunity to rectify this on the day, please be assured that your comments and pictures have been addressed with our Head Chef to ensure this is not experienced again.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome back and would be thrilled to assist you with a bedrooms reservation. Please contact me directly on guestrelations@leeds.dakotahotels.co.uk when you wish to enquire.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had drinks and lunch at Dakota and it was perfect. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was great. Highly recommend this place

Dear Mrssjford,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm delighted to hear that our team have ensured you had a prefect afternoon with us. I very much look forward to sharing your compliments with our floor team and kitchen, and would like to thank you for your recommendation.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota Deluxe soon. To make your next reservation, please contact me directly on guestrelations@leeds.dakotahotels.co.uk.