“Great Hotel”

Village Hotel Leeds South
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend and found all the staff very helpful - from the receptionist to the gym staff.
Our stay inluded a free 3-course meal on the first evening, which was REALLY nice. The breakfast on both mornings was also brilliant - huge variety.
The room was clean and modern - only downside was you could feel the gap where the beds had been zipped/fitted together to make it into a large double.
I've read reviews about the sound of traffic being bad - we actually commented on how quiet our room was when we were there!
Would be ideal if there were some shops or other attractions on the same site as there isn't much to do out of the hotel unless you drive.
Overall, a pleasant stay and would reccommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Great place, lovely room, designer bathroom, restaurant, pub, Starbucks, great gym, massive pool, good for swimming while kids stay on one side. Decent breakfast. Perfect for a relaxing weekend, with everything on site, but don't expect to be in downtown Leeds, you'll need a car. There's also a mall in the neighborhood, skip it and go for a swim instead!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic day in leeds for our 1st wedding anniversary, then we stayed at the De Vere Village hotel in Leeds. The staff were very friendly both in the reception, leisure facilities and the dining area. The hotel room was very clean and modern. The swimming pool was very relaxing and throughly enjoyed it. We had a fantastic meal on the evening in the restaurant and breakfast was help yourself to as much as you want. Well worth a stay, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I have stayed in this hotel quite a few times but have recently been back and it remains as good as ever. The staff are all very friendly and very helpful. I did have to queue for breakfast one day but I think there was a wedding party staying at the hotel so they were busier than usual but they were very good at getting the tables reset and getting people seated as quickly as possible. They happened to start a new menu in their Verve restaurant when I was there. I had liked there old menu and I was a bit unsure about the new offering as I can be quite fussy but everything I had was beautifully cooked and well presented. I ate in the Victory pub for the first time and it was also enjoyable. It can be quite busy and loud on a Saturday night in the bar area so it might not suit everyone but there is plenty of seating in the reception area if you wanted a quieter surrounding.

In terms of location it has great access to the motorways, it is right next to the M62. I know some people have complained about noise from it but I have never had a problem. If you don't have a car it probably isn't ideal for you unless you are just planning to stay in the hotel but there are still good transport links about.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Smile35
Reviewed 30 April 2012

As I travel quite a lot with work, I've stayed in a few hotels both in this country and abroad in my time and I have to say, this hotel in Leeds is a breath of fresh air. I normally try to stay away from big, chain hotels and opt for the smaller, independent hotels as you generally get better service. However, due to a recommendation from a friend I booked and stayed at the Village for one night as my cousin was getting married nearby. This is an ultra modern hotel and the rooms are simply stunning. I was very impressed with the decor and above all the cleanliness. The food in the reastaurant was great and extremely affordable. I chose a 3 course meal from the set menu which, as I was easting before 7pm, meant it only cost £11.95. The main that I had would have been £10.95 on it's own had I sat down after 7pm, so great value if you eat before this time. What also impressed me is that you get full use of the pool facilities included with the price of your stay. The pool was excellent, clean and quiet and the jacuzzi was very relaxing. I didn't try out the steam room or sauna but it was nice to know there were there. Changing rooms were great too.

Breakfast was very nice. Buffet style as you'd expect but you are greeted with a smile and taken to your seats and made to feel very welcome. Very friendly staff in every area of the hotel, especially the restaurant. I would happily stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family