“Nice Relaxing Evening”

Ranked #90 of 783 Restaurants in Bradford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had a nice relaxing evening with good food, drinks and service, such a relief after having eaten at Salvo's the night before. It was a good well priced menu and the food didn't disappoint. Good to meet the personable hard working Alex.
My only complaint was that when I called to book I used the second option and tried to book through the automated system. This didn't allow ne to book us in for 8pm, I had to get an 8.30 slot. On arrival the place was pretty much empty. The automated booking system should be avoided, apparently there is a 3rd option which allows you to speak to a human being that knows what's happening! Otherwise, highly recommended!

General Manager A, Manager at George & Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hello Travellin Toms,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had such a great experience with us! I will pass your lovely comments onto Alex. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Popped in for a good choice of pint, then decided to have a shared snack of a "meat feast pizza". But I'm not my wife and I shared the same definition of " Meat Feast" as the chef. I think I counted about 7 small pieces of chicken ( inch roughly square), 5 lumps of mince meat (teaspoon size), didn't see any chorizo, and 5 pieces of salami., that's it!

I dare say there will be a couple of positive complements immediately after this on Trip Ad this mysteriously always seems to happen. But a bit disappointing G&D, come on be fair.

General Manager A, Manager at George & Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us honest feedback. I would like to apologise that you and your wife did not have a more positive experience with us- we pride ourselves on delivering an enjoyable and first rate service and it is disappointing to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I am deeply sorry that you were dissatisfied with your meal. Each of our meals are made to Mitchell & Butlers exact specification, and unfortunately we cannot change that. I am slightly confused though, as our meat feast pizzas do not come with salami or mince meat-perhaps you are thinking of a different pizza? I will pass your comments onto our kitchen team.

I completely understand your disappointment, and again, I would like to apologise for your dissatisfaction However, I do not think that you are being fair by making petulant accusations.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here knowing they had a vegan menu after a nice walk nearby. Really impressed with the options for vegans & the omni that was with it loved it too. Gorgeous interior, very warm and cosy. Thoroughly enjoyed the food aswell. 100% would go back.

General Manager A, Manager at George & Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Vegan Menu! I shall pass your lovely comments onto our kitchen team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Eight members of my family went for Sunday lunch on 25th March. Three of our party had a Sunday lunch. All three meals were cold. The beef was very nice but that was the only thing on the plate that was edible. The so called Yorkshire Pudding would be very useful to sole your shoes. It was like rubber. The vegetables must have been cooked at breakfast time and left in lukewarm water all day. The roast potatoes were hard and rubbery not fresh. All I could eat was the beef and I left everything else. I showed a piece of carrot to the manager which turned to mush when I squeezed it. We complained and were given a 50% reduction on the Sunday dinners, however as I only ate the small portion of beef on my plate I should not have been charged at all.
Any (chef?) worth his job would not have let these meals out of the kitchen. I noticed that they were serving the same veg to other diners as we left but not everyone will have the courage to complain so they get away with it.

2  Thank dunstanron2018
General Manager A, Manager at George & Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello dunstanron2018,

Firstly I would like to apologise that the standard of our food was not up to scratch, all our food is made fresh daily and I can assure yourself and your family that no vegatables were made at breakfast time and served to you on Sunday afternoon and that all our roast potatoes are made from fresh on a Sunday. Secondly being the Manager that looked after you that day, I am so sorry to hear that what we agreed with the discount was not actually allowing you to leave the business happy. As I mentioned on the day it was of great regret that you didn't enjoy your meal and I wanted to ensure that you left the business feeling that you and your family beleived the right solution was made. Which in turn is why I asked to come up with a solution together. Overall i would like to apologise on behalf of myself and the team. Your comments have been passed over to the kitchen so this problem does not happen again.

Kind Regards
Alexandra Pringle
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Came with my daughter for lunch, was past usual lunchtime but the place was busy. Had a very enjoyable meal but the dessert was wonderful - raspberry milkshake cheesecake. We shared it as we were quite full but to be honest I could have eaten it all to myself. Hope they don't take this off the menu cos I'll be coming again.

General Manager A, Manager at George & Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such pleasant feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your visit with us! I can tell you that for now we are keeping the cheesecake on the menu! We look forward to seeing you again.