Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Midland Hotel(Bradford)
    View Hotel
    All reviewspizza hutbowling alleycar parkleisure complexleisure exchangebeanshi expressfrankie and bennyssofa bedhollywood bowlfree wifishort walkbreakfast was includedkey cardhotel is situatedbradford city centrebudget hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 4 May 2012

The HIE Bradford was excellent on every level.,great price including buffet self service breakfast,attentive but not intrusive staff.Matthew on check-in was great and a special mention to the Chef who cooked us fresh sausages when we turned up at the last minute to breakfast on our last day.Ideally located within a few minutes walk of Bradford Interchange(coach/bus/train) and a brisk 5 minute walk to the town centre.Hotel is situated within a small complex ,containg a Cinema(Cineworld) Bowling Alley,Nandos,Frankie and Bennys and Bingo Hall...Hotel was clean and inviting,I have no complaints about anything and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms available or to avoid.No overwhelming,if any tobacco smell in room I stayed in.
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank FRUITYME
    DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay.

The team at the hotel do aim to deliver excellant service to all our guests and i am glad they they meet and exceed your expectations.

I hope that we will see you again ,as you say the hotel was ideally located in Bradford for your needs so we look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed here many times for business purposes and the staff were amazing and catered for my every needs. I needed to be up one morning at 4.30am and they got breakfast made especially for me.
    Free wifi in rooms, fantastic, rooms are so lovely and comfortable.
    Not the best views but it's great for a one night stay.
    The hotel is 3 minutes walk from the bus station, there are restaurants, a cinema, a bowling alley and a casino in the same complex as the hotel. It is in the city centre.
    Only thing I can complain about is the 'hot' breakfast, it's barely warm and you only get sausage, beans and scrambled egg. You then have bread, pastries and yoghurt. It's fine for one night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay.

I will pass onto my team your comments and i am glad that your found the hotel met with your needs, the recent introduction of free wifi included in room rates is indeed a fantastic additon to the service that we now offer to all our guests

We look forward to welcoming you back to us should you be in the Bradford area again

Reviewed 1 May 2012

The first time I stayed here it was just as described, clean, friendly staff, well managed, decent breakfast for what you pay. However, the second visit was not so positive; we had no hot water in the evening when we were getting ready & in the morning I found that I had an allergy to the bed linen. Upon reporting these facts to the reception staff, they seemed quite unco-operative. This hotel is basically a case of "you get what you pay for", I imagine it would be perfect for business trips etc. but wouldn't recommend it for a stay of any duration.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, i am sorry that your stay did not meet with your expectations and was not up to the standard of your last stay.

Please contact me directly at gm@hiexpressbradford.co.uk as i would like to look into further your dealings with my team as this is not the standard of customer care that i wish the team to deliver.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here in April: family of four with two adjoining rooms (twin + double).
    It was exactly as described on the website.
    It was clean, well managed and the staff were helpful and pleasant.
    The free internet and breakfasts were good features which, as well as the downtown location, led us to choose this hotel.
    The rooms are a bit spartan (there are only hanging spaces and shelves, i.e. no wardrobes with doors) and designed for low maintenance but still pleasant all the same.
    Got a good deal by booking/paying a month ahead.
    Would certainly stay here again the next time we visit Bradford.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Tripadvisor reviewer

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay and note that you found the free wifi and breakfast meet with your needs. Our best rates are indeed bookable in advance in particular the book early and save rate (21 days in advance of a stay) offers the best value for money.

we look forward to welcoming you back to Bradford should you be in the area again

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed one night in March 2012. The hotel is located in the Bradford Leisure Exchange complex, which comprises various restaurants as well as a cinema and bowling alley located about 10 minutes walk from the city centre. This is a basic and relatively cheap hotel, but the state of the old smoking rooms on the second floor is unacceptable. As soon as you walk through the door from the reception area into the corridor the smell hits you, and doesn't get much better in the rooms. Added to this the TV and kettle in our room didn't work properly, and one of the beds in the second room booked by our group only had 3 legs! To make matters worse, there was also a large number of students staying at the hotel for a convention at the University which resulted in lots of noise, including shouting and swearing in the reception area and corridors and people banging on the interconnecting door between our room and the neighbouring room.

On the plus side, the check in staff were pleasant and helpful and the free breakfast was reasonable. We had stayed once previously a couple of years earlier when we were located on a higher floor, which was better, but we will not stay there again after the shock of the old-smoking rooms on the second floor. Not good enough for a HI Express!

Room Tip: Avoid the old smoking rooms on the second floor like the plague!
    • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Tripadvisor reviewer

I am sorry that you found the issues with your room during your stay, the hotel does still have a number of Smoking rooms that are away from our non smoking rooms as there is a demand for these in the area. I will get my team to check over the rooms to ensure the issues you encountered are corrected.
    I note that you found my team to be helpful , this is something we strive to ensure we deliver as we know it does make a difference to any guests stay.

kind regards