Midland Hotel
Toprooms.com
The Highfield(Bradford)
US$ 105
US$ 99
Travelodge Bradford Central(Bradford)(Great Value!)
US$ 47
Travelodge
    PremierInn.com
    • Restaurant
    TripAdvisor
      All reviewspeel hotelscomplimentary glass of wineold railwaycar parkgrand staircaseshopping centreoriginal featureslovely hotellarge bathroomforster square stationafternoon teapublic roomspower showerbeautiful buildingtrain stationcentral bradfordbreakfast service
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We love the Midland. Glorious architecture, superb location near town. Parking great for a city.
      The hotel has great staff. We use he hotel for our visits to see my husbands family. The hotel has the most spectacular views.
      The breakfast is just magnificent. We've stayed many times. The hotel is clean and we enjoy its history. The staff do change frequent,y but that isn't a problem as the each time we visit the staff are of the highest standard. We've also been to 1940s functions at the hotel and Christmas party nights which also are always enjoyable.
      A great hotel to suit many different age groups.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room
      Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
      GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear janecallaghan425

How very kind of you to write and post this wonderful review on Tripadvisor, I am most grateful to you.

I shall look forward to passing your kind comments on to all concerned, I know they will be as thrilled as I was when I read it this morning.

We are already looking forward to welcoming back to the hotel, on your next visit to Bradford.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel venue for the annual pilgrimage of former players from the University of Bradford Football Club. Always a great welcome, fantastic value, and the breakfasts do wonders as a pick-me-up after a heavy night on the Tetleys! See you again next year.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
      GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear arnieb186

Thank you so very much for choosing The Midland Hotel to meet with your former Bradford University football teammates, It is an absolute pleasure to be able to welcome you back year after year.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your 2018 reunion and we are without a doubt looking forward to welcoming you back in 2019.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

This was only my 3rd visit and I was highly impressed and could not understand why not visited more often.
      A beautiful building in the heart of the city of Bradford . The young Waiter was a friendly, hardworking and very helpful young male . Unfortunately due to no name am unable to identify who he is to his manager because he deserves to be rewarded . The Afternoon tea was excellent with plenty of coffee and tea . Would recommend to everyone and be back to try a snack or a meal .Thanks to the waiter who took the picture of me and my sister and Mum.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
      GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Elland79

Thank you so very much for posting this wonderful review on Tripadvisor, it was most kind of you.

Your comments were a delight for me to read this morning and I know exactly who you are talking about regarding the waiter, I shall pass you kind comments onto Aseem personally.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

You can tell that this hotel, in its heyday, was a magnificent place. Sweeping staircases, wide corridors and a beautifully ornate ballroom but the standard rooms are very basic and somewhat reminiscent of the 1970s - Corby trouser press etc.

Breakfast (thankfully included in my rate) was a relatively poor buffet.

Such a shame - you'd pay the same at a Travelodge for a better, more spacious room.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear Ian M

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay here with us at The Midland Hotel in Bradford, I very much appreciate your time and comments.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I stayed here for a week. The hotel is in my opinion somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. My room was modern, but cracked floor tiles and some permanent marks on the floor caused me to rate it as a 3. Food quality was anything from "quite good" to "I wish I had gone out to eat". I found that the least expensive items on the menu were the best. The more expensive ones like the sirloin steak was overcooked, dry, thin and not cleanly cut. The accompanying baked tomato and mushroom were left on my plate after a brief taste. They were too fatty (cooking fat), overcooked on the outside and uncooked on the inside.

The breakfast is excellent with a rich selection of fruit, juice and yoghurt with the possibility of ordering a full English breakfast.

The rooms were kept very clean. I'd therefore like to give the housekeeping staff a five star rating. The hotel has carpets everywhere, so not the best choice for people suffering allergies. In most hotels with carpets, they accumulate stains over the years. In this hotel, I saw very few stains, so obviously the carpets were kept very clean.

Room Tip: The hotel faces busy roads on two sides. I recommend rooms away from these roads if you want a quiet room.
      • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Stein M

Than you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us at the Midland hotel in Bradford, it was most kind of you.

I very much appreciate your feedback, it is extremely important to my team and myself. I shall certainly be passing your comments on to all concerned, many thanks for bringing them to my attention, housekeeping will of course be delighted with their five star rating!!

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the not too distant future.