All reviews car park priory park festival theatre top floor lovely hotel third floor bar and restaurant deluxe room set menu restaurant manager chichester harbour high street breakfast service bed was very comfortable sunday lunch central location town centre
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I was staying at this hotel Saturday, while having breakfast I'm not going to lie there were a few issues. 30/40 guests all wanting breakfast and only two young girls to deal with it.
As you can imagine there was a lot of complaints and no management around or senior staff to deal with it. These poor girls couldn't cope. The up shot was an angry lady screaming at one of them who disolved into tears. I took this poor girl to reception to get help. The receptionist didn't seem to care that her colleagues were struggling, or try to help. It was the spa manager who instantly stepped up and took control of this situation which was spiralling out of control. She thanked me for stepping in and assured me she would take care of her. Rather than leave her there crying like the receptionist did. She took her behind the scenes to calm her down and promised to sort it. She then went to speak with this rude woman and showed the upmost professionalism and diplomacy. She listened to the problem she empathised and even managed to point out that treating staff like this was unacceptable while apologising for this situation. The lady apologised and thanked her for resolving this. The spa manager was amazing and luckily the only management there to sort this out. God knows what would have happened if she hadn't. Credit to your team may I suggest you get more staff at weekends and more management. As I'm sure spa managers are not supposed to deal with restaurant disasters. Will be back and will be trying the spa next time. Bravo to the young lady.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ChichesterOne, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Tudor W,

We are very grateful for your positive feedback shared with the Trip Advisor community.

I clearly remember that morning and I was in the building, but we had some electricity issues so I had a meeting with the maintenance team in the morning hours. (And with all respect, I need to correct one point: there is always one Manager On Duty in the building, 24/7.)

Later, after the incident, I had a conversation with the Lady who used her loud voice and naturally I did put in comfort our lovely waitress.

It’s a pleasure to read your compliments regarding our team, Your kind words were shared with our team, especially to Lucy, our wonderful Spa Manager.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Have visited other Harbour Hotels, this one fairly new to Group, and although adequate it is in need of a revamp.
Reception, bar and restaurant staff all friendly and helpful.
Breakfast very slow as forgot to tell us for 40 minutes that they had no kippers.
Decor and bed tired.

Room Tip: Can be an amount of noise from rooms above. Lift very quirky!!!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
ChichesterOne, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Peter B,

We would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post this review on Trip Advisor.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed our property, our helpful and friendly staff.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back.
With the warm regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in March 2018. The location is on the edge of the main city centre, about 5 minutes walk from the cathedral and just next to Priory Park which contains the beautiful old Guildhall. I have classified the hotel below.

1, Staff...excellent in all respects on reception and in the restaurant. We could not fault them on anything at all. They even ran up the stairs to get the lift when some careless person had not closed the doors properly. Just fabulous all round.

2. The room. As a superior double it was not quite as big as we expected, but it is an old and characterful house so we forgave that. It was a little dark in the decorations, a modern feature perhaps...but it did need an extra desk light or bedside lamp because I could not work on the desk and reading in bed was a little difficult for us older people. The staff could not locate a desk lamp for me so I had to do my work downstairs in the bar. Just a bit inconvenient. I suggest some extra lights be available on request.

3. Bar and restaurant. Staff superb. Long bar a little cramped but confortable. The restaurant was modern, light and spacious. The breakfasts were as might be expected just as one could wish for
with very good choices.

We had three dinners, all superbly cooked and presented. The choice was a little limited for me but the fish choices were good for my wife. The starters on the main and table d'hote menus were excellent, if a little generous if you have a modest appetite. The food quality was excellent. I was a bit limited on main courses on both the table d'hote and a la carte but my choices each time were just excellent. The fillet steak on the last evening was exactly as I requested..medium-rare....tender and succulent. Overall ...just great if you remember that steak "haiche" is minced and made into a superb plump superior burger style. Very good.

Car parking was fine. Monitored and with guest tickets.

There were some comments about the lift...a little old fashioned and jerky but no problems ..except for guests who either carelessly or perhaps deliberately did not close the inner door so the lift could not be called up. (The staff were on the ball here and ran upstairs to get the lift. They all seemed very fit).

I SUGGEST A BELL BE INSTALLED WHICH RINGS LOUDLY WHEN GUESTS LEAVE THE INNER LIFT DOOR OPEN. IT WOULD SOLVE 99 PER CENT OF THE PROBLEMS I THINK AND OTHERS WOULD KNOW WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE PERHAPS.

Improvments:- only those suggested..more light available for the bedrooms and a bell for the lift, plus a more convenient gents toilet for people like me whose knees complain about walking upstairs from the bar or restaurant.

Both of us would choose to stay here again anytime we need to stay in |Chichester. We enjoyed the break in all respects. Score 9/10...only because of the bedroom lights and gents toilet locations downstairs..

THANK YOU ALL..IT WAS A GREAT BREAK.

Dr.Terry Langford. Milford on Sea, Hampshire.

Room Tip: Ask for front...second floor probably.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Dr Terry Langford,

Thank you very much for your review, we truly appreciate your positive feedback.
It is a pleasure to read that your experience among us met your expectations and enjoyed our central location .
We are delighted that you enjoyed the elegant and charming style of our rooms, restaurants and bar.
Be assured that we will gladly extend your compliments to our staff.
Thank you for choosing our property for your Chichester stay and we hope to have the pleasure of your return visit.
With our kind regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We booked a deluxe king size room for one night for my husbands 50th birthday and i requested a bottle of Prosecco to be placed in the room. The service throughout was excellent. The room looked clean except the dusty bedside table, and the bathroom was immaculate. As requested the Prosecco was waiting for us as well as some delicious chocolates - a very nice touch. The bed was not very comfortable however as it was two singles put together and we kept rolling into the middle! The remote control for the tv didnt work and a standard lamp was also not working so the lighting was quite poor. If these were fixed we would have given the hotel a 5/5, as the breakfast was excellent too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mumfy33,

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to provide this valuable feedback about your stay at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa.
And Happy Birthday to Your Husband again!
It has been a pleasure to welcome you here!
Please be assured your kind words about yoy stay have been well passed to our team.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of having you back among us.
With warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2018

The hotel has everything for a business trip - from beautiful rooms with a nice interiour and sufficient bathroom equipment, elevator, a bar, flipcharts, good food (fingerfood and good breakfast and lunch variations) to charming and quick stuff for extra wishes. Stayed already twice there and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Salome D,
It’s a pleasure to read your compliments regarding our service, the food, room and location.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you and your family back soon.
Kindest regards,