The Goodwood Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Crouchers Hotel(Chichester)
1,609 results
All reviewsbar and grillhealth clubplay golfchef restaurantlovely hotelsauna and steam roomspa facilitiessculpture parkrace trackchanging roomsbirthday treatwaiting staffenjoyable staygarden roomhigh standardrelaxing breakwedding party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took advantage of the Goodwood Hotel’s Spring Break Offer of room only for £100 per night. We arrived at lunchtime in a gorgeous Saturday in March, a little too early for check-in. Reception directed us over to the Aero Cafe, a short drive away, which was perfect for us. By the time we returned, our room was ready. We were impressed by the attractive and comfortable lobby and lounge. Our room was well-appointed with a vaulted ceiling that gave it a feeling of space even though the footprint was quite small. We liked the decor, the contemporary bathroom with a magnifying makeup mirror, the well-lit wardrobe and the armchairs. It didn’t have a nice view as it looked over the car park, but we didn’t quibble as it was just one night. On the desk was a hand-written card from staff wishing me a happy birthday, as well as a gift of luxury chocolates. The bed looked inviting but I could immediately tell that it was too soft for me. Within 10 minutes of enquiry from with Housekeeping, 2 friendly staff members installed wooden boards under the mattresses, which did the trick.

We spent the afternoon at the Cass Sculpture Foundation in the Estate and then returned to use the pool. The changing rooms were big and clean. The pool was crowded and noisy with small children who may have just finished a swimming lesson. I hadn’t checked the schedule with the Front Desk ahead of time for child-free times, so I chose the Sauna and Steam Room instead. We had time free afterwards for a cup of tea served in the lounge, where I was able to read one of the several newspapers available to guests.

We had dinner reservations at The Kennels restaurant on the Goidwood Estate and were offered a lift to and from dinner by a friendly member of staff. It finished off our day perfectly. We had a good night sleep in our room, and woke refreshed in the morning, after which I indulged in a very nice massage at the Waterbeach Spa downstairs. We didn’t stay for breakfast as we were headed to East Wittering for Sunday brunch and a walk on the beach.

Our short visit to the Goodwood Hotel was lovely. Service is excellent. There are a few small things I would mention in the hope that management address them, as we would certainly like to return. First, the terry robes in the room only come in one size and I would have been more comfortable with an XL. Second, the exit doors in the hallways between the guest rooms and the spa and pool seemed to all be open each time we passed through, letting very cold air in, making my robe even less sufficient. Finally, the check-out queue in the lobby on a Sunday morning looked like airport security. That shouldn’t be a guest’s last impression of a nice visit at a good hotel.

We will definitely return to the Goodwood Hotel in future as we had a really relaxing and happy weekend. We will ask for a larger room with a patio on the next occasion and perhaps plan it around one of the events at the Racecourse.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LMarshUK
TheGoodwoodHotel, Guest Relations at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive review, it was good to read that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your feedback to those concerned and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

This hotel was really friendly and welcoming, especially the reception staff who couln't have been kinder. The room was nice, if a little smaller than I expected, with everything you would expect from a hotel of this standard. The bed was really comfortable and I slept like a baby which is really unusual for me because I am a very bad sleeper normally.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Myleene F

Myleene, thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of nights for a weekend away. On arrival we parked up outside, checked in and shown to our room. We has one of the standard rooms but it felt very homely. It was clean with lovely little decor touches related to the estate. The bathroom was lovely with really good towels and robes to use.

We used the gym and pool facilities on both days. Gym is small but we had no problems getting on the machines. Pool was busy but there was a swim lane available you just needed to wait a bit to get your spot in the whirl pool.

Breakfast in the grill was very good. buffet pastries were really nice and the hot options equally as good. Toast was a bit hit and miss not sure it spent much time in a toaster.

Really good place for a weekend break, we really enjoyed the estate hike you can do.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katie66Uk
TheGoodwoodHotel, Guest Relations Coordinator at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Katie, thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us, I am so glad that you enjoyed the weekend break, and in particular the local walks on offer. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of your company again in the not too distant future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel last night for my friends wedding which was lovely and the staff very helpful.
When I got up today however for breakfast there was one young lady who stood out from the crowd with her professionalism and organisation of her team. Michelle not only helped me with directions of the area and future events but also gave me and my girlfriend excellent service. Thank you so much as she was lovely..

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Robin, many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us; I will make sure that your kind comments are passed on to Michelle. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Stopped off at the Bar and Grill at the hotel for a light lunch on a Sunday. Despite being just under half full and numerous staff around it took a good few minutes standing waiting to be offered a table. The menu options were good, light bites and bigger lunches. Myself and my brother opted for a rare bit each and a bowl of chips to share. After 15 minutes our food arrived but still no sign of the drinks - a coffee and a bottle of still water. I asked if the drink order could be chased up and they promptly arrived. The rare bit looked anemic, with a small smattering of rare bit on the toast, most annoying though was that it was cold, stone cold. Rare bit should be hot and gooey and oozing off the toast. The chips were warm. I didn't make a scene as i was just too hungry. A real shame especially as their hotel breakfasts are normally spot on and the actual produce used is good quality.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RacingandWaiting
TheGoodwoodHotel, General Manager at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent lunch at Goodwood. I am sorry to read that the quality of the food was not up the standard of your previous visits. I have passed on your comments to our Executive Chef who sends his apologies and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.