“So good I insisted on pudding”
Review of The Spur

The Spur
Ranked #25 of 58 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 40
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Spur Inn is a Family run Traditional Country Pub with a separate Restaurant and a Skittle Alley. The pub has open fires and oak beams with a friendly cosy atmosphere. Serving excellent home made pub food. Well known for our Traditional Sunday Roasts. We are not a Gastro Pub. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 24 September 2017

My party had had starters as well as a main and were sucking their teeth a bit about puddings. I'm not normally assertive, but on this occasion I thumped the table "I want pudding". And like the previous 2 courses it was delicious. Friendly and attentive staff. Recommended.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Evening meal at the spur, not the first time we've been but definitely the last, almost empty awkward atmosphere, staff uneducated, lasagne was awful and bread burnt and whitebait was hollow and way too crunchy. Cutlery had smears and overall just wasn't a pleasant evening. Nice area though

1  Thank thfc24
Reviewed 18 August 2017

My wife and I took pot luck via Trip Advisor for lunch on the way to Brighton. Slindon is situated a few hundred yards along the A29 from its junction with the A27. Beware that the U-turn to reverse your direction just past the pub comes upon you quickly. We overshot but Google navigator put us back on track and we had another go. To rejoin the A27 turn first left on Shellbridge road (B2132) and turn left at the end onto the A27.

We were warmly welcomed by the Landlord who kindly explained the varied menu and specials and recommended the Sea Bream which was fresh in that morning. I followed his recommendation and was not disappointed. My wife had a lovely ploughman's which she also enjoyed.

There is a reasonable range of ales and cider available.

We dined inside although the garden tables also looked very inviting.

Well worth a visit

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This pub is a must, lovely pub garden, friendly staff and great food. It doesn't feel like you are sitting on top of each other, service was brilliant very friendly. Try and leave room for pudding!!

1  Thank Kerry Jayne P
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a lovely pub! Came here as part of a large group to celebrate a birthday party. Really helpful, attentive, cheerful and friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble.
Beautiful beer garden and wonderful, tasty food. Great portion sizes and nice selection of beers, wines and spirits.
Thank you to all the staff who looked after our group so well and look forward to coming back to visit again soon.

2  Thank gemlou3