“A pleasant Surprise”

The White Hart
Ranked #42 of 58 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 32
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Arundel is a regular haunt of mine; it's history and aesthetic beauty often manages to lure me into it's embrace. I have eaten at many of the local selection of Cafe's, Restaurants and Pubs - some very good, and some....let's just say not so good. The fayre on offer at the White Hart has been somewhat hit and miss, and occasionally non-existent!

On my visit to Arundel today, I noticed a blackboard outside the White Hart exclaiming 'Sunday Roasts', and suggested to my companion (another human - not a dog!) that we give it a try.

The menu was concise, but appealing and we both opted for a roast, Beef for myself and Pork for my friend. The two young ladies who served us were charming and genuine, and I think I might have heard the younger one call the other 'mum', is this a family run establishment now? Anyway, we were well looked after, and when our lunch arrived we were presented with a piping hot fresh roast, with unmistakably homemade Yorkshire's that were well risen and satisfying. My beef was cooked just right, with that slight pink tint and the potatoes and gravy continued the trend of being just how you'd want them to be.

We would have liked to try the desserts, Cappucino Tiramisu sounding particularly tempting, but the roast had us beat - perhaps a slightly smaller portion would still suffice, not that we were complaining. So, thank you to the White Hart for a most enjoyable lunch, we shall return with appetites renewed and maybe get to dessert next time!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank James M

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

A small group of us wanted to watch the Six Nations Rugby. The White Hart couldn't have been a better place to go. Harvey's best on draft and exceptionally helpful staff. We mentioned being a bit peckish and the land lady duly brought out free plates of chips! Nice move. We'll be back!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank RoyBoyGapYear
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Called in for nightcap on way home at 10.45 on entry we were greeted with you've only got 15 mins, when seeing Harvey's bitter I could have downed Two !! Manager was very stressed and give his due apologised for outburst to some other customers!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I liked it but...
Lovely pub in Arundel, which a group of 7 of us visited last Sunday for the first time. The roasts were really scrummy, turned up piping hot and had all the trimmings, so a big thumbs up for the food. The staff were lovely but the service was lacking - no salt on our table, then salt in a pepper pot - twice - plus our food took an age to come out (including the desserts) - with no apologies in between - so it was all generally quite slack. Having said that, we'll be back again this Sunday as we'd like to think this was just a one-off off-day for The White Hart.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

A lovely pub in beautiful Arundel. We have been twice for Sunday lunch in the last few weeks. Good quality and choice - 3 roasts plus pheasant breast on one visit. Choice of real ales and wines by the glass. Sunday lunchtime nibbles on the bar & a roaring log fire unusually situated in the middle of the pub. The bar and restaurant are run separately so you pay for your drinks at the bar & your food in the restaurant. On both occasions the restaurant's card machine was out of order so take some cash - although there is a cash machine over the road!

Date of visit: February 2017