“Just great”

Crossbush Beefeater
Ranked #33 of 58 Restaurants in Arundel
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Championing the unique flavours which come with chargrill cooking methods, Beefeater Crossbush offers a modern take on traditional steakhouse dining. Alongside an accomplished bar stock, prime meat cuts, fresh fish and wholesome vegetarian dishes make up the simple yet diverse Beefeater menu. Beefeater restaurants pride themselves on sourcing the finest meat cuts and premium seasonal produce. Also renowned for its family-friendly welcome, Beefeater presents a 'Little Eaters' menu, offering a fun range of dishes for children. Evoking a lively ambience and offering a menu filled with favourites, Beefeater restaurants are a consistent crowd pleaser.
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Hi all just visited the cross bush for dinner had the mixed grill it was the best I’ve ever had wow everything on the plate was brilliant my wife had the steak that was great as well the staff were very good I think the people with the rubbish reviews must have been unlucky I have no complaint at all we would 100 per cent return yours ja

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Visited with my family we all had a lovely meal and the staff were great. There's lots to choose from the menu I would defiantly visit again !

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We were staying in the Premier Inn so had the meal deal at this excellent Beefeater pub. The deal was 2 courses in the evening plus eat all you like breakfast the following day. Maybe we were lucky as it was a Thursday night but the service from the very friendly staff was excellent and very attentive. The food was hot and very tasty with no complaints and no long wait. An excellent meal for both dinner and breakfast

Reviewed 1 October 2017

This was the 3rd time we had visited this place. As we walked in we noticed that they were extremely busy. We were shown to our table on time and our order was taken fairly quickly. After about an hour or so we asked his long our meals were going to be. We were to,d that they would be out in the next few minutes. Another 20 minutes and we were offered a free round of drinks and told that our meals were on the plates and would be out in 2 minutes. The drinks never arrived. After another 10 minutes we got up and walked out. The poor waitresses were run ragged. If management know that they have an exceptionally busy evening then it's up to them to ensure there are enough staff to cover. They shouldn't expect 4 or 5 waitresses to do the work of about 8 or 9. And they should make sure the chef has sufficient help. We were not the only party that was getting fed up with the length of time we had to wait. There were several others that were getting very angry.

2  Thank Diane P
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We have been to the Crossbush a few times and the service is never that great in all fairness, lack of staff mainly (typical Michell & Butler).
Yesterday we had booked a table for 6 of us, my wife and I and my two sisters and their husbands, we had booked for 7.30pm and were shown to our table on arrival at 7.25pm, ok so far. The waitress took our order around 5 minutes later and that's where it all fell apart. At 8.25pm I found our waitress and asked where the meals were as it was now an hour since we ordered, she said she would find out and never returned!! At 8.40pm I another waitress came over and said the meals were ready and she would also ask the manager to come as talk to us, she also offered a free round of drinks, which never arrived, neither did the manager. At 8.50pm I told the waitress that she had 5 minutes to get the meals that she said were ready 10 minutes ago, I also said they would probably be cold by now. at 8.55pm there was no sign of the meals, the free drinks, the manager or the waitress, we then decided to go and find somewhere else to have something to eat.
What was very clear in a jam packed restaurant was that there simply wasn't enough waiting staff and I suspect the kitchen was also totally unable to cope. For the most part the waiting staff were almost running to keep up.
There was a couple sitting on the table opposite that had sat down 45 minutes previously and no-one had even taken their order, they followed us out. It is a disgrace that The Crossbush cannot manage their staffing levels correctly, as I've said this is not the first bad experience we've had in there, it will certainly be our last visit. To wait 90 minutes for a simple meal to arrive is totally unacceptable, the only reason I've given even one star is because I cannot write a review without it! I will never ever visit this establishment again and I would advise anyone to avoid The Crossbush until the owners can sort out their dire staff levels!!!

1  Thank Peter S