“Still as good as ever”

Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 8
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are open 7 days a week, from 8.00Am Monday to Saturday and from 8.45Am on Sundays we close at 5.30Pm every day. We have a the top '5' grade food hygiene rating from the local district council this is the highest mark you can get. We serve freshly brewed Espresso coffee's (macchiato, flat white, cappuccino,latte etc and a variety of Teas. Serving full English breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas. As well as main meals Hand Battered Fish & Chips, Homemade Lasagne and Real Steak & Ale pie. Then afternoon Real Clotted Cream Teas with Homemade Scones and Freshly baked Cakes. We also have over 20 flavours of NewForest & Marsh field farm Dairy Ice-Cream on offer.
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Finally got to visit Arundel again and found this cafe to be as good as our last visit. I am normally cautious if a place has masses on the menu, but this does and it manages it very well. From full homemade dinners to a bacon sandwich or a slice of cake it is all there. I love that is doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. So often lately places really act special when they are not - this place is special, buts doesn't shout about it! Helpful, cheerful staff too. Will visit again.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

I visit Arundel several times a year and always have a meal in town. After appalling service at another establishment that I had frequented on several other occasions I popped into the Moathouse Café and after a pleasant welcome was quickly shown to a table. It was busy but the staff were very prompt to take my order . The menu was quite extensive . My brie and mushroom omelette was delicious and nice and hot, my coffee perfect. All in all the Moathouse is a good place to go, nice atmosphere, very pleasant staff, efficient service, great food at a competitive price ! I will be back!!

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Really conveniently situated. Good selection of food, we were there for breakfast, got quite stuffed. Good service too.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

We stopped here with some family members for breakfast on Sunday morning as it looked busy and had an extensive menu, however after our order was taken we waited 1 hour 15 minutes before our four breakfasts arrived at our table. During that time the staff had to turn away numerous potential customers that tried to find a table as they were already full of diners waiting to be fed.
The food quality was very average but very competitively priced, which may have explained why it was so busy.
Given most of the diners were all having cooked breakfasts, I cannot understand why it takes them so long to cook these simple meals. Just think how many more customers they could cater for (and how much more profit they would make) if they were quicker cooking the meals.
If you fancy a cheap meal then go in and try finding a table, but be prepared for a very long wait.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Friendly little cafe with good service and enjoyable simple food. Busy at 11am which had to be a good sign.