“A lovely meal”

Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The George & Dragon in Houghton is a busy and beautiful old coaching inn situated in the South Downs National Park. We are a family run pub that is passionate about good food, service and above all ensuring the customer has the best experience possible.
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Very friendly service. Really pleased we booked in advance as they were full. The starters were quite expensive but the rump steak meal I had was very reasonably priced. Wished I had ordered the sticky toffee pudding like 3 of my friends as it was so good. My husband liked the beer options.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We were given a friendly welcome on arrival, and my gin and tonic was delicious. The menu was extensive, posing quite a tough decision. I had soup and duck and my husband had whitebait and steak. We could not fault our food, or the atmosphere. It was great to see the pub so busy, testament to the food and service!

1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 17 November 2016

We had a lovely mid week family lunch . Lots of choice and the chips looked to die for . I did pinch a couple and they were fantastic . I wish I had had them . I had veggie nut roast with veggie gravy which was OK , not fantastic a bit squishy for my liking , it might be a good idea to serve the gravy in a little jug on the side . It was quite tasty though , we all enjoyed desserts too . I had apple and mango crumble with custard which was nice .
Very good service and efficient , well worth popping in if you are in the area . We did book as there were six of us.

1  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 17 November 2016

Met up with some friends one evening. Great friendly service with good quality food. Lovely country pub atmosphere

Reviewed 16 November 2016

This is a lovely pub in a great setting, we were warmly welcomed by very nice and attentive staff. The food was great did not have to wait long between courses and we enjoyed our visit, and will definately be returning.