“Little Gem”

Ranked #16 of 58 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 31
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2017

First visit. Very impressed. Food was excellent if a tad pricey. Only 6 in on a Tuesday so no worries about waiting or feeling rushed. The guys had the Slow Roasted Belly Pork which was of ample portion size. I had chicken and my friend had red bream. Good choice of potatoes and veg. Dessert was yummy too.
Only down side was the price of a bottle of wine. Really adds to the final bill.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Having been to The Bay Tree for quite a few years and really enjoyed it I was disappointed to visit recently. Put In a cramped uncomfortable corner. Had to wait a good hour for starter which wasn't good, then a long gap for main which was partially cold. Staff were very busy. It used to be great and viewed going to The Bay Tree as a treat.

1  Thank ashleyrob2016
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

After finding our hotel could not feed me as I have nut and peanut allergies, we found a delightful restaurant which served the most delicious food we've ever had. Not only was the food excellent but the ambience was perfect. In fact we are there every night whilst away. Would definitely recommend the belly pork!

2  Thank Jacqui B
Reviewed 9 April 2017

This restaurant was very busy when we arrived and most tables turned around whilst we were there. The table for the four of us was small and became a juggling act getting everything into the table, my friends said they were conscious of no elbow room at all.
We could over hear conversations from the other tables owing to their close priximity.
The prices were averaged around £8 for starters and £18 for main course the service did not warrant these prices. It took over half an hour to get a drink 75 mins for starters and another hour after for our main course by then we were giving up the will to live.
Nothing in the menu was over challenging that I couldn't easily produced at home having said that my belly of pork was delicious. Two of my friends had sole that was over cooked and my husband had bream on pea rissotto with dauphinois Potatoes which we thought was a strange combination and the fillet of bream was small.
Non of us were inclined to complain after the the extraordinary wait we had had in getting the meal at all. The other strange thing were the odd taps in only toilet.
I don't think any of us will be rushing back

2  Thank madhatter171
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

A day in Arundel to see the castle and have Sunday lunch. Had a starter of prawns followed by roast beef. A wonderful glass of white wine. My husband had mackerel starter gluten free bread then a roast beef meal with gluten free gravy. Both of us really enjoyed our meals lovely the way the gluten problem was sorted. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Need to book as busy.