All reviews on arrival double tree warm cookies deluxe room parking charge secret escapes excellent hotel an industrial estate comfortable rooms upon check sauna and steam room saturday evening room service business park air conditioning breakfast was excellent retail park
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I've stayed at the DoubleTree in Coventry several times now and it's a consistent performer. The rooms are immaculate and well appointed with plenty of teas and coffees, and I don't worry about putting my bare feet on their carpets as they are clean (unlike lots of other hotels!).

The most important thing is that if you book direct on their website you typically get a super-saver rate including breakfast for approx £60-£68 including breakfast, which is an absolute bargain for this standard of hotel - this is even cheaper than the corporate tariff.

There is plenty of on-site parking. Wifi is free if you become a Hilton Honors member (which is free to register) and the rooms seem to be well insulated so you don't hear other guests.

There is a good range of hot and cold food for the buffet breakfast and you can order other hot meals if you prefer.

The one anomaly which I think is hideous and out of synch with the brand is the presentation of staff in the breakfast and bar area. For some reason they wear scruffy jeans as their uniform. Personally, I would rather my retina were not burned with images of ill-fitting camel-toe accentuating skinny jeans at breakfast. It puts me off somewhat.

Room Tip: All rooms are well appointed
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
DTCoventryGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear 1AceTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel. I am pleased to read you regularly enjoy your stay with us, I have shared your lovely feedback with the team. I have also noted your comment regarding the teams uniform and will review this with my management team.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Pretty faultless stay at Doubletree Hilton. Okay Gym, spacious quiet room, good parking, good value. Hotel had two big events on but friendly staff were in great form and there was no disruption caused.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear shaunc446,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us in one of newly refurbished rooms.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The hotel was on, location was good. The staff were friendly and helpful. However this all pales into insignificance when you compare it to the appalling bad nights sleep I got as a result of the horrendous bed in room 428. It was so bad I had to request extra duvets so that I could fold them in half and stuff them with pillows to lie on. This was because the mattress was placed on top of a solid piece of wood on a bed frame rather than a slatted base or a divan equivalent to sleeping on the floor.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Andrea K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the poor nights sleep you had, this is the first time I have been informed there was an issue with this mattress and I will ensure this is dealt with, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual high level of service and standards in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Overall the hotel was great, but the colour of the function room was a bit disappointing, especially as this was for a celebration. I have marked the rooms down to reflect this, but have no complaints about the guest rooms

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear B8237KClindat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and have noted your comments regarding the decoration of the rooms which we will review when we are nect due a refurbisgment of that room.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Wonderful stay. Hotel staff very friendly. Room clean and comfortable would stay again anytime. Breakfast was fabulous. Shame you have to pay for parking but the prices paid for the room itself was exceptional value for money

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTCoventryGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear 333clairej,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel. It is always great to read that our guests enjoyed their stay in one of our newly refurbished rooms.