Britannia Hotel Coventry
PremierInn.com
US$ 87
PremierInn.com
1,414 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room was clean with separate toilet and shower/ bathroom which were very small hotel is quite noisy even though the bar shuts at 10pm on a Friday Saturday night , check in wasn’t good we had to wait 15 minutes because receptionist said on her computer we had already checked in , she had to phone her supervisor and send someone to our room to make sure no one was in there !? Wouldn’t go back would book elsewhere but that’s just my opinion .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely shocked by 2 members off staff in this hotel , so rude and horrible and nasty , they really need to be sacked asap. I will be emailing head office to explain exactly the comments he made to myself and my sister.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent a couple of nights here along with two other couples.
The hotel is situated close to the cathedral and transport museum(worth a visit).
We had a twin room, others had family rooms.
The room was clean with two single beds, plenty of wardrobe space, tea and coffee facilities, a very very small tv with the normal British channels (good job we are not ones for sitting in watching telly as it really was tiny), iron and three chairs. Bathroom had ample facilities with a bath and mixer shower. Water was cold sometimes in the morning. The room was cold when we arrived as the heating had been turned off but didn't take long to warm up.
No balcony in our room though one of the family rooms did have one.
Restaurant,:-
You can have an evening buffet meal for ,£8.50 and breakfast for £7.00 though you need to book these on check-in or you will pay a higher price. The evening meal was very good on the nights we ate in, great for the money and three courses, help yourself to what you want. The breakfast was ok, good quality sausages and bacon though the eggs were a little rubbery from standing under the heat and the beans tasted cheap, the fried bread was hard again from standing under the heat and dried out.
We had a problem with the disgusting attitude of one of the older staff on the counter in the restaurant on our first night, really not what you expect when you are a paying customer. He also had a disgusting attitude with another family that came in just after us, terrible. It resulted in us being given a free evening meal the following night for the six of us. The rest of the staff were pretty good and a few of them were excellent, especially the young lad in the restaurant and the chap on the front desk. Pity about the clown that caused the problems.
There is a nice bar area with reasonably priced good drinks, some form of entertainment most nights from karaoke to quiz although it closes at 10.30 each night which we found odd for an hotel and could do with staying open longer.
There is no car parking at the hotel, only a drop off point. There is a public car park a couple of mins away, Cox street car park, charges vary depending on the time of day,(£1 per hour from 8am till 6pm, £1.50 for 6pm till midnight and £1 from midnight till 8am).
Overall the hotel is pretty dated and could do with a refurbishment and tidy up. Having said that it is kept clean and has everything you need for a bolt hole. If you want five star luxury pay a lot more and book elsewhere. Not as bad as some of the reviews on here suggest.
We would use it again if we had to stay in Coventry. Though I would advise booking through a comparison site as you will save a fair bit than if you booked direct with the hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Britannia in Coventry. We have stayed in Britannia hotels before so we knew what to expect. They are all a bit in need of some TLC and this place is no different. We had seen on the website that parking is separate, however it fools you into thinking that it's their parking and it's not, in fact it is a car park over the road which is extremely "dodgey" and a actually expensive, you need to add at least 10 pounds to your booking and another hourly rate after 8am in the morning. We had to get up and add another ticket early in the morning. The first receptionist was actually rude, she looked at me as if I had gone out when I asked her about the parking, she advised me that I "could park where I liked". We then parked and everything was fine actually. Check in was quick, we went upstairs and the room was exactly what we expected, very tired and slightly grubby. During our stay the toliet handle broke and we were offered another room so this was good, but we decided to stick to our room. The man and young girl in reception this time were much better. We had a good night out and the bed was clean, tea and coffee, ironing room if needed. Nice clean towels free soap with a good cheap bar

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Britannia for one night. It's not that expensive and you get what you pay for. Having said that, I couldn't fault the hotel and was very happy with it, bar one thing.

I have never had such an awful cup of tea in a hotel room. The tea bags supplied are sealed and look quite upmarket, but the tea was undrinkable. The tea bag smelled of stables (which is the only comparison I could possibly make). This might seem a small point but when you have spent ages travelling and just want a rest and a cup of tea, it's a bit off-putting to have to go out and buy your own!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family