“pre show dinner”
Review of Amantia

Amantia
Ranked #100 of 2,496 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Description: Independent family run Spanish Bar and Restaurant in Birmingham City Centre that specialises in tapas, paella, gin tonic cocktails and flamenco entertainment. Come and say Hola! to our friendly Spanish staff!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

so this place was recommended via friend
she didn't disappoint
the only problem was we were caught in traffic and didn't spend as long as we wanted to.
I can say OMG - the Spanish G&T was amazing
the tapas was brilliant
service / staff excellent
facilities clean and usable
excellent thing to do with friends

Marta R, Owner at Amantia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hola Moononline!
Thanks for giving us a try and thanks to your friend for her recommendation!
We are very proud of our selection of Spanish gins so thanks for the thumbs up :-)
Perhaps try one of our own show nights next time with your friends and spend as long as you want there!
We look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Muchas gracias!
Marta & team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We made an advance booking and on arrival were ushered to our table. The ambience of the restaurant hits you immediately as you enter. The staff were all so friendly, and you only need to look around at all the happy diners to reailse this place really is something special.

The food was amazing, service was second to non, thank you Amantia for making our special night extra special. We travelled 60miles round trip to be with you, and we will definitely be doing so again!!!

Hola Mat!
OMG 60 miles!! That is really special! I am a bit speechless, thank you SO much for your lovely feedback. I am glad you had such an enjoyable time with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Perhaps try one of our show nights to make it even more special! They are unbelievable!

Muchas gracias again and see you soon,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent good and great service made for a fun and enjoyable evening! Looking forward to going back

Marta R, Owner at Amantia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much bald g!!

Glad you had a nice evening with us and we look forward to seeing you again too!

Best Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Another amazing meal at Amantia. This restaurant has quickly become my favourite in Birmingham. The service is perfect and the food is outstanding. I had rock salmon for the first time which was cooked in a light batter and absolutely delicious. The chorizo in a wine and pepper sauce was so tasty, I will definitely order them both again. First class!

Hola Mark!

So happy to read we are amongst your favourites in Brum! Thank you sooo much for your lovely comments, it really puts a smile on our face.
We look forward to seeing you at Amantia again soon!
Best,
Marta & team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went on a Friday night with a friend around 8:30 we did not book and walked in and there was no wait to be seated which was excellent, I’d been past the restaurant many time as I live in the city but never ventured in so had no expectations of what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised the restaurant is designed for one thing only and that is to allow you to have a wonderful meal in a relaxed and enjoyable manner, we were not rushed as you find in so many restaurants now the music was at a level where we did not need to shout to talk it was excellent.

The food !!!! what can I say other than it is EXCELLENT it is genuine Spanish freshly prepared and cooked and a real delight. we order a mixture of tapas and for the main a shared paella and dessert to follow. First thing to note was we ordered 4 tapas and the paella and the waiter suggested that it may be too much for us which was a genuine sign of them taking care of the customer (rather than just taking our money) so we reduced the tapas.

When the tapa arrived it was beautiful and a great start to the meal then the paella (chicken and prawn) was truly a delight and the waiter was right there was too much for the both of us even after reducing the tapas. I am so used to getting ripped of by chains restaurants who cut portion sizes and cook in a microwave.

The deserts were truly lovely, I had the banana and salted caramel cheesecake and it just melted in my mouth and my friend had the chocolate pudding which we were told would be about 10mins as its made fresh and it was wonderful (i tried a bit of my friends)

And the most surprising thing was the bill at the end which included our drinks. (Ive been to a burger chain and paid almost £50 for burgers for two and this meal was not far of that! ) I cannot recommendation this restaurant enough you are missing out on excellent food if you don’t try this restaurant. This is now a restaurant I will use regularly.

Rob
Bham City Centre

Hola Rob!

Thank you so much for this amazing review. I am so happy we exceeded your expectations and thanks for appreciating every little detail. I do agree that we are excellent quality and value for money, especially when compared to big chains, but hey, that's an uphill ride for every independent I suppose!

We look forward to your next visit and thanks again for taking the time to write this great review. Much appreciated!