“Birthday lunch”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Edgbaston
Description: Welcome to Simpsons Restaurant Simpsons have enjoyed a reputation for refined cooking and excellent service for almost 20 years We have held a Michelin star since 2004 Chef director, Luke Tipping and head chef Nathan Eades are award winning chefs with a talent for bringing out the very best from their carefully selected ingredients. By working with the best suppliers in the Midlands and beyond, we can ensure our diners will enjoy a memorable gourmet experience. The Grade II listed building provides an ideal setting and offers private as well as al fresco dining. For those wishing to end their evening in style, bedrooms are available. Cookery school vouchers, Restaurant Vouchers and our Simpsons Cook book are available to purchase over the phone from our reservations team.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dear Simpsons,

Thank you for saving my bacon! I had meant to book a 60th birthday lunch for Wed 14th Nov for 6 of us to celebrate my 2 oldest friends 60ths. I forgot to press the send button to book the restaurant and rang you in a panic at 11am! You were simply wonderful. Thank you! You had got the menus out with no prices, arranged the table, sorted the champagne, and the food and service were superb. Charming,friendly service and wonderful food in beautiful surroundings. Such a treat.
Thank you all again.
Jane Field

2  Thank 326janef
Simpsons T, General Manager at Simpsons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jane,

I am so glad we were able to help.

If you cant spoil yourself on your birthday, when can you?!

I will pass on your lovely comments to my team, they will be delighted.

I look forward to seeing you at Simpsons again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came for a work function back in July to celebrate around 30 employees.

The restaurant manager, Gianluca was very helpful to organise and plan the perfect event with us, with a workshop and 3-course menu.

Before lunch, their Chef Leo ran a workshop in their training kitchen for us to create our own dessert we would then later eat- an apricot frangipane tart.

We had a mocktail outside in their sunny garden. The 3 course menu for lunch that Chef Luke Tipping bespoke created for us was delicious and the table looked absolutely gorgeous.

Again thanks again for the perfect celebration lunch. Can’t wait to come again

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank abeab123
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Disappointing from begging to end. Placed in another fictions reception room then moved out, not a great start.

Meal was pretty bland, grey mackerel, mushroom soup, grey sea bass, very dry confit duck.....

Disappointing not the word. Expensive wine flight, note serving says 100ml, 1 bottle divided by 8 who’s making on that deal?.......

Noise, the business drinks reception moves into the main restaurant and you could not hear yourself talk across the table.

Note they know they have a issue as there are acoustic pads under the tables.

Overall a very dissatisfying experience. We ha d guests otherwise I would have had to say something. Advice on this trip is avoid.

Redeeming feature was the service that was ok.

1  Thank BenjaminMill

Hi BenjaminMill,

Thank you for your review.

I would really like to discuss this further, would you kindly email me directly?
manager@simpsonsrestaurant.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went often when they were in Kenilworth(as they still are in a different location I believe).
We had the reasonably priced lunch with half a bottle of house wine each.
Service,food and everything else was impeccable and I am not easily impressed. One of the best meals we have had for a very long time. My wife's soufle was truly amazing.
I have eaten in many Michelin star restaurants in various countries over the years and with very few exceptions found them mostly arrogant etc.
Simpson's treat you in a very friendly and professional manner.
We will definitely be back.
Well done.
Brian and Lisa Thorne.

Date of visit: October 2018
3  Thank Brian T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Back to this special restaurant to celebrate another family birthday. Celebrating 25 years of wonderful exciting cuisine, it did not fail to provide a sequence of original and a diverse array of courses.
It was a relaxed occasion, staff were attentive but not overbearing.Lots of humour from the Maître 'D'.
Have frequented this establishment many times and am never disappointed.

3  Thank Kath634
Simpsons T, General Manager at Simpsons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Kath634,

What a fabulous review. Thank you!

I am delighted to read you chose us to help celebrate your special occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next family birthday!

Warm regards,