“Outstanding!”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Contemporary, non-pretentious, and some say other-wordly - offering Tapas 'with a twist'. A delectable selection of sumptuous specials and tapas style dishes with a friendly service alongside! Added touch of a Bring Your Own Alcohol policy.
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

My cousin from Australia was over on a short visit so we went to an Italian on the first night then I asked her what she would like to do on the Saturday. I suggested something different which she said was a great idea. There were 6 of us so that gave us great scope! We had prawns, ribs, goat curry, haloumi, meat balls, fish, you name it we had it!
The fact you can take your own wine is a bonus so I had taken a lovely Malbec.
The flavours were amazing and my cousin said it was the best food she had eaten since being in England!!
We will be back soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here as a surprise knowing that I loved quirky independent restaurants and that tapas was my fave food! It didn't disappoint! The food was fresh, full of flavour and is any foodies dream! The service was amazing and the team really went out their way to make our evening special. I will be coming back as much as I can to try everything on the menu!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

In this unassuming Birmingham side street is an absolute gem! The menu is tapas based plus lots of other things. All cooked fresh. I was amazed with the quality and variation on offer. It's non licenced so bring your own booze if you want it. Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere. Absolutely wonderful...go there!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and fantastic service, couldn't recommend them more! The Spanish tortilla was amazing.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

The food at Rico Libre was varied and delicious! The welcome we got from the staff was genuinely warm as was the goodbye. The only thing that could be improved in my opinion is to have even numbers in the tapas servings as an odd three of something when there are two of you dining can cause chairs to fly :-)
Will definitely return.