“Great Entertainment”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We went here to see the Gabby Killick performing her 'Girlfriend from Hell' show, having seen her perform on our recent trip to London we could not miss the opportunity to see her perform again when we heard she was doing the show in Birmingham just an hour from our home.

The pub itself was very busy but we were quickly served by one of the many staff, they are very efficient and friendly, we used the downstairs bar first but moved upstairs to the bar in the function room where Gabby and others were performing.

a brilliant night, reasonable drink costs, friendly staff and a lovely outside are which was nice to sit in during this summers unusually warm evenings.

The food was good too, great bar snack menu, burgers, pizza etc.

On the main road through Moseley into Kings Heath in the heart of the evening social area it is a good location with large car park opposite.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Massive thanks to the entire team again. You have been doing a fab job in having a very spontaneous party of 24 people, on a very busy day(football) on a very short notice. Everyone was very happy about their food and the entire atmosphere. Our partner company from Australia and the us was even more impressed which is really good. Planning big parties is always a pain but your staff members, food menu and flexibility make anything possible and you really made my week.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Had a meal here with family and friends. The wonderful array of craft beers from around the world Is very impressive. The menu is a very typical smokehouse menu with some extra touches like Pizza. We all had something different and all the plates went back empty. My beef brisket was amazing and I’d highly recommend, my friends pizza was most enjoyable he said. Another friends burger was delicious I was told. So all in all a very good Restaurant/Bar with great helpful staff. We’ll be back.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

The pizzas here are fantastic and coupled with friendly service. Lovely for a chilled night with friends, still pub fare but feels a bit edgier with a younger vibe. Recommended!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We went to the Dark Horse for an anniversary meal, having heard good things about it through word of mouth and social media. The chicken wings starter was excellent with added suicide sauce and kicked of the meal in spectacular fashion, but then it started to go downhill. My wife's half rack of ribs came with a distinct lack of BBQ sauce and with added cling film. We complained to the waiter who was understandably very apologetic and offered to take them back. My wife said it was Ok and we put it down to a "one-off" and carried on with the meal. We had ordered a side of parmesan topped corn on the cob which came late to the table. Taking a bite my wife looked perplexed and then told me they were cold. Not wanting to taste them myself, as we were going to again mention this to the waiter, I instead touched the core only to find it frozen solid. Again the waiter was apologetic and took them back. I don't like complaining in restaurants, but I find it very disappointing that a moderately busy service can't ensure that corn on the cobs are sent to a table warm let alone frozen. To his credit the waiter was very good and we had all sides (3) and my wife's meal knocked off the bill, but it has left a bad taste in my mouth which is a real shame, as it could have been somewhere we would have frequented quite regularly but these were pretty basic mistakes that showed a lack of attention to the quality of the food going out, so unfortunately we aren't in a hurry to go back. Disappointed and hoping that we just got them on a bad day!