“Great setting & food”

Damascena Coffee House | Delicatessen
Ranked #40 of 2,475 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 9
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: "Your Local, Far-Away Coffee House" Damascena Coffee House | Delicatessen opened its doors in June 2014. In November 2014 it was voted as winner of "Moseley In Bloom Most Captivating Cafe 2014". The name "Damascena" (meaning "Damascus Rose") reflects not only the city that inspires our food, but also our beautifully themed coffee house. Damascena Coffee House offers food that is incredibly healthy, and there is a large vegetarian menu available to give you plenty of selection. Follow the road to 'Damascena'! You'll find Damascena in Moseley Village (easily accessible by the number 1, 35 and 50 bus routes), a vibrant cosmopolitan area filled with a number of boutiques and restaurants - but none like ours. Stop by for a coffee and escape to the magical, mythical world in our friendly cafe and delicatessen.
Reviewed 12 November 2016

A friend and I decided to come here for lunch. The cafe was very busy but we were seated kindly by a waitress. The cafe is beautiful inside with nice decor and sofas. There was also outside seating but unfortunately it was too cold to sit there. I had lentil soup for starters which was delicious. I also had hummous, which was impeccable. For dessert I had a walnut pastry, the outside was lovely but the filling wasn't to my taste. Cinnamon tea to finish, which tasted as good as it smelled. Really nice cafe for friends and couples. Already planning our next lunch here.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

I lived in Kuwait for 17years,so I know my middle eastern cuisine well. Nice location for the cafe with small parking area infront of it. It is a small place inside but not uncomfortably cramped.I like the simple decor. the food is really good.I wasn't impressed with the house speciality lamb showarma,the meat lack flavour and almost tasted boiled.But the pickles and hummus was delicious.The flat bread with mince meat and the spinach feta pastry was lovely! We liked the Arabic cardamom coffee and the cappuccino.Very reasonable prices and friendly staff.I would recommend the Kanafe dessert which really reminded me of home.The desserts in their glass case ( you see it when you enter) looked mouth watering. I was soo pleased that they provide gluten free options as that is a requirement for my husband.All in all a very satisfying experience. Definitely going there again and exciting news that they are opening in New Street very soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

The choice of food is vast and there's plenty for vegetarians. The staff are always friendly and helpful if your unsure of what something is.

I have to visit atleast once a month as it's so good... breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner .

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I have to this cafe twice, once for lunch and one for dinner and the food is excellent. As soon you sit down you are ready feel relaxed, they advice on the menu as there were quite a few things I had never tried before and the food came really quick. I would definitely be back.

1  Thank appto
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

I visited damascena for lunch with a work colleague and it's a lovely quaint place in the heart of Moseley, found some parking almost directly outside the shop, not sure it was a legitimate space though lol. Sat outside on the side of the coffee house as weather was nice Ordered falafel, chicken wrap and flat bread with hummus, food came out very quickly, the waitress was very helpful and polite, even let me charge my phone and came over to see if everything was ok and if anything else was needed. Fairly priced and clean with a good mixture of customers also baby friendly as there were a few prams

2  Thank Beehonest1