““Condensation on the track”?!”

TeamSport Birmingham
Ranked #30 of 85 Fun & Games in Birmingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spanning over 1000 metres, TeamSport’s Birmingham track provides a high-octane go karting experience like no other. It is one of the largest indoor tracks in the UK and provides one of the Midlands’ best entertainment venues!
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I had booked a family session as a surprise for my son’s 9th birthday today. My parents were travelling down from north Nottinghamshire. An hour before it was about to start (and when my parents were well on their way) I received a phone call from the track saying that the session was cancelled due to condensation on the track making it unsafe.

Frankly, I am rather sceptical about this explanation. Today could not be a more typical Birmingham day - 12 degrees, grey, occasional showers. If the track is undriveable in these conditions one wonders when it is ever open.

Even if this explanation is true, this is plainly not good enough - they should be able to cope with condensation!

Very, very disappointing.

Lucinda F, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I am very sorry to hear that your experience was affected by condensation on the track. I can completely understand your frustration and regret that we had to cancel your session on such a special occasion. Unfortunately this is entirely out of our control due to adverse weather temperatures over night. It is our top priority to ensure the track conditions are safe as well as the use of our extractor fans in the petrol environment. This is a very rare occurence and our track team work very hard to avoid this but occasionally it can take longer. We would be happy to re-run your event and hope to make this up to you in future so please do not hesitate to contact our bookings team to discuss further. Kind regards, LucindaF

All reviews
"qualifying"
"hairpin"
"longest"

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Well organised and friendly place with good condition karts. I arrived late for our mid-week session, but the staff held my group so I had time to get ready and could join them without missing our first race. There were menus around, and a bar in the viewing area, but it seemed to be unmanned so I can’t comment on the food and drink. The track was fun, and challenging for drivers of all abilities. Will definitely go back!

1  Thank Guy L
Lucinda F, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hey Guy L, thanks so much for your feedback! It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your racing exerience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards, LucindaF

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Always have a great experience here. I recommend the Sunday night unlimited karting for £30 as it’s great value for money!

Lucinda F, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Awesome to hear how much you enjoyed your racing with us, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Kind regards, LucindaF

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We visited TeamSport Birmingham for a team night out on Friday as a group of 19. The overall experience was good the track is great fun and the carts are good to drive, however there was a few things which let the night down first of all we didn't get on track until around 1hr after we should have which was frustrating. The second issue we had was the inconsistancies in marshalling one of team got black flagged for hitting another colleague unintentionally yet other people who weren't from our team but out on track with us were not black flagged for similar infractions. Thirdly our manager asked if we could mix up the last race which a member of staff agreed to, however this did not happen as the member of staff said he forgot while I accept this can happen it was still frustrating. As a team we did have a good night but we agreed better organisation would make this a top place to visit.

Lucinda F, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I have passed your feedback on to the track team for further review and to help us improve our services in future. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Kind regards, LucindaF