“So full I could pop ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here on a Friday night. It wasn’t as busy as we thought it would be. But with about 9 tables in there all eating it gave the place a lovely atmosphere.
The waiting staff where spot on. So polite and literally kept out cocktails filled up.
The food was amazing. We all had a mix of starts and steaks and belly pork for mains. We couldn’t fault it at all.
I would recommend this place to any one. An will be dining with you again.
Thank you for making our friends birthday a special one.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Waited at the bar for 10mins before a gentleman came and served me this happen on 2 occasions, was told we could not order drinks at table had to go to the bar ourselves which was very disappointing knowing the wait at the bar was 10mins.

No check backs on food our starters was left on table for awhile before someone came and cleared them. Overall attention to detail was not their.

On a positive note the food was amazing and we will defo be back.

1  Thank tan_123walk
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Let me explain why I’ve given this place 4 out of 5.
The starters were good, well presented and really tasty. In fact my wife’s Cornish crab cake was absolutely gorgeous!
For the mains there was only one real choice and that was a steak. I went for the ribeye and my wife had the sirloin, steaks come with a side of triple cooked chips and we ordered a side of charred broccoli.
Without trying to sound pretentious, I know my steak and I know how to cook a good steak so the bar was set very high. I’m happy eating a steak fresh from the field up to a medium rare (all depends on the cut of steak). I like my ribeye medium rare and my wife likes her sirloin rare so that’s what we asked for. My steak came and it was definitely rare and the sirloin was very rare.....blue even. There are many people that would have sent the food back to the kitchen but both of us could cope with the cook and the overriding factor was the food was bloody gorgeous......I mean seriously tasty!!!
The second disappointment was the “triple cooked chips” Hmmmm, maybe passed as double cooked and some of the smaller ones just made the grade but definitely room for improvement.
Finally the broccoli wasn’t charred.....at all.....and it was a bit expensive.
So after moaning so much why did I give this place a 4??
The service......EXCELLENT
The decor and general atmosphere......EXCELLENT
The choice on the menu was.........EXCELLENT
The taste and quality of everything was........EXCELLENT
Would I recommend this place to anyone......absolutely, yes!
I’d also recommend the peppercorn sauce, bit of a punch and better than most I’ve tried in a restaurant.
All in all a good, reasonably priced steakhouse where you don’t pay a fortune for the drinks. Total bill was around £85 including a bottle of wine.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Really great place made very welcome food was superb servive great atmosphere was great will defo visit again

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

From the top:

Ambiance
Really nice and aesthetically pleasing. I went at 5:30pm ish so was the first diner so it was quiet with just the music in background and which was just right to engage me and also hover in the background. I was quite comfortable.

Service:
I was met by a pleasant young lady on arrival who saw me to a table. Menus were left and I chose the ribeye medium rare with triple cooked chips. Within 20 mins other diners came in a group of 4 and were sat behind me. I did think it's massive and with so much space, why of all places right behing my head. Anyway, issue was when my meal arrived and I wasn't pleased, it made it rather awkward to express what I wanted to, those behind stopped talking and started listening.

Also, the manager or someone of that nature walked past my table to the one behind to ask how their meal was. He walked past me and didn't ask. Note the same waitress that had served me served the table behind. Point being I may be solo but I'm defo not invisible.

Interestingly, as he walked away one of the guests behind commented negatively on the egg he'd had.

Also waited ages for the bill and even longer to pay. Had to start getting my coat on before anyone heeded.

Steak: £22.50
I love ribeye, and much as I found this tasty, it sadly was obviously a not a very
cut nor quality. It was quite grainy for ribeye and though it looked to be medium rare, it had the chewy texture of steamed beef. I expressed this to the waiter who seemed a bit disconcerted and confused as she added that it 'looked' medium rare...
Anyway, it was also exceedingly oily probably because of the herb butter but I'd never experienced that much grease on a plate of steak especially as it had started to congeal. T'was too much for me. Having had Hawksmoor, Gaucho, Andersons to name a few, this was just nowhere near that class.

That said, credit where it's due, it was tasty and I don't believe they pretend to be the aforementioned restaurants.

Chips: included in cost of steak
Now the supposed triple cooked chips arrived with the steak and the first I tasted was hard in the middle and the next very soft. Anyone who understands and has eaten TCC knows the signature is very crispy on the outside and fluffy within. I couldn't eat these and asked the waitress if it was TCC to which she replied that they were...again looking confused...

Shame really as the 2 pieces I tasted did taste like proper potato chips and which is a rarity these days. It's a personal thing, I just can't limp or hard chips...it's got to be crispy hence going for triple cooked or veg. I wasn't offered a replacement with veg. It was simply taken away.

Seabass: £18.95
As I wasn't filled up with the lack of chips, I ordered the seabass fillet which was very good but for some tiny bones and a few scales in some bits. It arrived with chips which were better cooked but still not crispy on the outside...just plain chips, and I couldn't shake the feeling it was my previously rejected chips that were refried as it tasted refried, and had the odd texture and was dark. Definitely not the taste of the first.

In summary, the gem of FSK is taste, and not forgetting the ambiance (more footfall needed). Quality, service and preparation definitely need to be worked on.

Total cost: £43.45