“good option”

Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
london
“good option”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed overnight during the weekend. The hotel was as described by other reviewers and staff were all very helpful. A pity there is no option for a early check in but we were able to store our bags at the hotel until 3pm. Breakfast was very good.
The only minus was that the sound travels and when other guests arrive back in the early hours of the morning and make A LOT of noise, this does tend to wake the other guests up. I did hear a ?staff member come up and knock on the door and the noise settled.
I would stay here again.

1 Thank kiwidocLondon
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback and I am sorry that you had a distrubed nights sleeps, but glad my nights team were able to sort this quite quickly.I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Thai first
amybu
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel La Tour through a deal we had booked through Secret Escapes (bed, breakfast and dinner). The hotel is well located a short walk from the Bullring and the main shopping area of Birmingham. On arrival we used the self check in but there was also a very helpful and friendly member of staff on hand who helped. The first impression of the hotel (exterior and lobby) is excellent - modern, well presented and clean. Our room was an Executive room on the 6th floor. It was plenty large enough with a modern, clean and spacious bathroom, a huge, incredibly comfy bed and a nice chaise/day bed with pretty good views of area and Selfridges. There was a small tea/coffeee making area, a slimline wardrobe with ironing board/hairdryer and a large TV.
In the evening we had drinks in the bar which was a lovely space with comfortable seats and a very relaxing (and talented) pianist. We were pleasantly suprised with the price of the drinks menu given that this is a new, luxury hotel in the middle of Birmingham (£5ish for a glass of prosecco) We then ate in the Aalto restaurant. The food was delicious and well portioned and the waiting staff were friendly and curteous. We were talking to our waitress (sorry, I didnt take your name..but was young with a Geordie accent!) and mentioned that it was our anniversary and also our last weekend away before our baby arrives in October. She was very sweet and chatty.
After our meal she brought out a lovely plate with chocolate writing saying 'Happy Anniversary and Congratulations' and some truffles. Such a lovely gesture that really rounded off our great meal.
After a sound nights sleep the breakfast the next day was plentiful (fruit, cereal, breads, pastries, cooked food).
We had a fantastic weekend away and thought the service, food, and room at Hotel La Tour was fantastic and would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and I will pass your feedback to Jo (the Geordie waitress). I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley
UK
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed for 1 night with my husband and 2 year old daughter and had an excellent stay. We stayed in an executive room and there was plenty of room for the 3 of us and my daughter 's ready bed which we took with us. Dinner and breakfast were very good quality and the staff were friendly, helpful and could not have been mor accomodating of our daughter. We had a few issues with the automatic checkout but there were 2 members of staff available to resolve any problems. As stated on the website there is no parking, but there is space to park outside to unload/ load your car and then it is a short walk to the car park that they have an arrangement for £5 parking. Would definitely return.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend with my wife and son. In contrast to other hotels in Birmingham, this hotel was more than willing to accommodate those travelling with a baby. The suite was exquisite, and was it was particularly useful to have the sleeping area well separated from the lounge. My son's cot was in a quiet and dark area, and my wife and I were able to enjoy the rest of the suite without disturbing him. The parking was indeed five pounds for the whole visit, a very reasonable price. If I would make one suggestion, a porter or a doorman to help with luggage would have been welcome. I see no reason to stay anywhere else in Birmingham, in fact my wife will probably insist on staying here from now on. The location is not perfect if you need to walk back from some venues across town late at night. Conversely, a quiet part of town does ensure a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: The suite we has was in a corner, a nice quiet place.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 23 September 2012
Thanks for your review. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope we'll be able to welcome you back to Hotel La Tour Birmingham very soon Kind regards Jane Riley
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at "La Tour" over a weekend in September. It is a very modern, stylish building with very helpful staff and great rooms. We ate dinner in the restaurant Friday night which was delicious and reasonably priced. The bar and all public areas are nice. Breakfast selection was very good. This area of the center is currently undergoing considerable modernization, which is being done tastefully.
Great location for the BullRing with good shopping and dining. Easily walkable from Moor street station. New street railway station is close by and the new high speed rail link will be very close
The hotel is a little difficult to drive to due to the work going on and many one way systems, then parking at the NEC car park is VERY EXPENSIVE (Hotel has a discount with other parking, ask at reception. We did not use gym or other facilities. WiFi is available.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Jane Riley