“Perfect place & people”

Clayton Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #9 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Beautiful rooms, modern yet comfortable. The room and restaurant was very stylish and the staff were exceptionally friendly and attentive. We stayed with two young children who were made very welcome in the hotel, bar and restaurant. The bathrooms are a real luxury and watching TV in the bath was a great touch! Unique and down to earth - a welcome additon to the Birmingham scene.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I had to stay in Birmingham overnight on business on a unplanned trip. I happened across the Hotel la Tour on route from Moore Street station . What a stunning hotel and a great surprise, I usualy stay at Malmaison, but will definateley be back at Hotel La Tour for future stays.
Food & service was top drawer and the client I was entertaining who was from Birmingham, was also very impressed. We didnt do cocktails but they were very tempting, The Ipad wine lists were great fun and our Tweed Kettle Sea Trout and Suffolk stew were also perfect. My bedroom was spot on, smart, funky and for a city centre hotel, incredibly quiet, they must have invested in really good quality glazing. All in all has to be Birminghams best kept secret, a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin2512

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 27 April 2012

What a fabulous find, I stayed at the hotel recently as my normal stopover in Birmingham was full! Lucky for me I found La Tour on Bookings.com and having read the reviews I was not worried about my choice. The hotel exceeded my expectations, everything was first class. Will definately be staying again next time I'm in Birmingham.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed in the La Tour for the weekend and were surprised at the quality of everything we experienced from the moment we saw the Hotel. Very modern and stylish with exceptionally comfortable and contemporary rooms , the free WiFi was an added bonus. The meal we had in the Restaurant was extremely good , served by a very attentive team . With such a short walk to the Bullring it was great for us for shopping which my partner took full advantage of. We had a great weekend and will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel La Tour, Birmingham. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 22 April 2012

It was a wet and miserable evening when we made our way to Hotel La Tour to sample the food which had been highly recommended by friends. If first impressions were anything to go by, then dinner had to be fantastic - excellent staff from the outset. I sampled one of the amazing sounding cocktails "The 1889" which was so delightful I had to have another one (or was it two!!). We were taken to our table and left to take in the fabulous looking menu. We both chose the harrogate leaf to start, which was quite frankly amazing - we both licked our plates clean!!! For our mains I chose the belly pork (cooked to perfection) with a side order of mashed potato (heavenly), my partner had perfectly cooked and tender steak and triple cooked chips - I can only assume he liked it as his plate was wiped clean!!! We were both stuffed but after looking at the pudding menu felt it would be rude not to sample them - we chose banana bread and butter pudding and apple and gingerbread crumble - again both choices were absolutely faultless, needless to say we polished them both off.

Our experience of Hotel La Tour and Aalto was excellent, we had a fantastic meal, the staff were amazing attentive without being suffocating. We will most definitely be returning again, with the only dilemma being what to eat next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kerin1980
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour, Kind regards, Jane Riley