“Feels like home”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Karczma is a traditional Polish restaurant, bar and grill located in the heart of Birmingham, just 5min walk from both the Bull Ring Shopping Centre and Moor Street Rail Station. Restaurant is decorated in the style of an old Polish country cottage seating 85 people across 2 rooms. The menu is designed to reflect a homely, hearty and rustic food that's quintessentially Polish, and prepared using only the very best quality ingredients. The menu contains numerous Polish classics including Pierogi (stuffed dumplings), Berszcz (Beetroot soup), Pickled Herring, Zurek (Pickled Rye Flour Soup) served from a hollowed out loaf of bread, as well as a whole host of grilled meats and fish. We wish you a pleasant stay and Enjoy !!!
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Tasty food, generous portions and a homely atmosphere, what more do you want? Suitable for families.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I saw this restaurant online, so decided to celebrate my boyfriend’s birthday here. The atmosphere was great, candle on the table, music was nice.
The amount of food is big, we ordered soup served in bread, mix dumplings and pork knuckle, and we were so full! The soup is my favourite!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We ate here on Sunday night and are already planning to return with guests.

Other reviews mention generous portion sizes and they are absolutely right!

We shared the mixed dumplings & garden salad to start - both tasty & impressively presented, especially the garden salad!

For our main we shared pork kebabs with potatoes (Peasants Meal) and it was delicious.

The decor is fantastic, we literally felt as though we were in Eastern Europe on holiday (having visited many similar places in Romania).

We will be back soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food and giant portions. Friendly and helpful service. Brilliant atmosphere. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Booked this restaurant on a whim after googling 'best restaurants in Birmingham' and scrolling through the results. I wanted somewhere unusual to take my wife and her parents as a treat.

I really enjoyed the whole experience, the interior decor is very comfortable and well furnished with quality fixtures and fittings which I felt were authentic and traditional. The food was excellent and I made an effort to eat things I wouldn't normally order and I wasn't disappointed. The local beer and wine we washed it all down with was lovely too. It was affordable and we all left full and happy. No complaints here!