5,974 results
All reviews the executive lounge huge hotel courtesy bus busy hotel genting arena leisure facilities visiting the nec stayed here for one night convention concert motorway
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

After paying almost £500 in advance for two nights I was dismayed when I arrived at 3pm that my room wasn't ready.

I had to re arranged my initial meeting for 4.15 and only got in the room at 4. By this time it was almost dark and it was actually too dark to have a meeting in the separate meeting room. There is no main light and just two small side lights for the whole room. I had to ask for a light and another lightbulb the following day.

No complimentary water as stated.

I specifically booked this room for the meeting area and although the room was immaculate I felt shortchanged as it wasn't fit for purpose.

Just on a note of safety beware coming back from the NEC in the dark if you are alone as you have to walk through a stretch of wooded area which felt really unsafe or you have to walk all the way round to the front of the Hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Patrick S, General Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear margaretspps

Thank you for your providing your comments following your stay.

We're sorry your room was not ready for you to check into upon your arrival and regret this caused you any inconvenience.

We hope despite this issue we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

One of the biggest hotels I have stayed in . I was there for a conference very easy to get lost getting from one end of the hotel to the other .

Arrived in the evening and left the following afternoon so didn't get a chance to use most of the facilities .

Room service meal was very nice , well presented and good value for money even with the additional room service charge .

Check in - very friendly but no information about where breakfast was serves I had to ask the next morning .

Breakfast - the largest selection I have ever seen , it was busy and some of the staff looked and seemed pretty stressed but I was found a table and after that it's help yourself to the huge selection on offer. I was busy and there were queues but in such a large hotel at 8am that's to be expected . Go early or later if you can .

I would stay again if I was in the area and hopefully next time I might get to use the pool

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Topcat429

Thank you for sharing your experience following your visit to the hotel.

We're glad that you enjoyed your in-room dining and were impressed by the huge variety of items to choose from at breakfast. When the hotel is busy we would recommend either an early or later breakfast to ensure a more leisurely experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Poor value for money. Upgraded to an executive room based on trip advisor recommendation of other guests. Toiletries were nothing special and only a few items. One complimentary 330ml bottle of water is a bit skimpy for a double room. Executive Lou ge was nice but quality and selection of snacks not particularly good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Fiona

Thank you for providing your feedback.

We were sorry you felt your stay was not value for money and some elements failed to meet your expectations. our Housekeeping team would always be happy to provide additional toiletries if requested.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

The Hilton Metropole is a very modern hotel with every facility that you could wish for. The staff are welcoming, friendly & professional. Rooms are well equipped, spotlessly clean & comfortable.
Excellent stay in every respect.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear A1207KAdavidb

Thank you for your review.

It's great to know you had such an excellent stay and found everything met your expectations. We hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I am going to be honest here. I do not think this is a 4 star hotel. It certainly is not what I would expect - I have stayed in a lot of 4 star hotels.
Pros - lovely staff. The room was clean.Plenty of choice in the breakfast room
Cons
Very slow check in
Room although clean, was basic.
I spoke to friends who had rooms which were more like "pods" and did not have toilet doors! I'm sorry but in this day and age, it is not unreasonable to want a loo door! Another friend needed a fridge for medical equipment - the fridge she was supplied with was the size of a toaster! I didn't even know you could get fridges this small
Breakfast - yes there was plenty of it but actually there was no organisation in the way it was presented.
General ambiance. Silly things - normally in a 4 star hotel, you would be expected to be able to take the stairs if you didn't like lifts. The stairs in this hotel looked like fire escape stairs - which in fact they were and not particularly well maintained.
Wifi - dreadful! AND the only reason I got free wifi is because I am a member of the Hilton Honors club - otherwise I would have had to pay. It was terrible. Non existent in my room and not really good anywhere else.
To be honest, the whole building looked like an example of brutalist architecture. I was there for a conference - no way would I go there for pleasure. But perhaps that is not the idea of it. In which case don't say you are 4 star when clearly you aren't.

Stayed: November 2017
Patrick S, General Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Isadora49

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We are sorry there were certain aspects of your stay that failed to meet your expectations and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.