Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Tri-Star Hotel(Solihull)
5,808 results
All reviewsthe executive loungehuge hotelcourtesy busbusy hotelgenting arenaleisure facilitiesvisiting the necstayed here for one nightconventionconcertmotorway
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Stayed for one night at this hotel.I am a hilton honours member but at check in had to join a massive very slow check in queue as there was no staff available at the Hilton honours check in.Evening meal in the boulevard restraunt was very disappointing although the service was good.Not worth £29.00.Rooms were dated but comfortable.Very close to the nec and hotel parking was no problem.I really do not know if I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Patrick S, General Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Alexandra831

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We regret you experienced a delay at check-in and were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your dining experience in the Boulevard. We usually receive very positive feedback regarding our restaurants, but your comments are noted.

We do hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Pros:
Rooms very clean
Beds extremely comfortable - had a great nights sleep!
Staff excellent, brought soya milk and extra bedding to the room when we asked. Very friendly.
Beautiful decor in the lobby.
Great atmosphere at bar.
Perfect location if going to Genting Arena.

Cons:
Rooms very dated, I expected them to be more modern for a Hilton hotel (I always associated the Hilton brand with a luxury 5-star hotel).
Felt like the rooms were nothing special.
The price for parking was very expensive, at £15 for one night, considering the price paid for the room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Josephine

Thank you for your your comments following your stay.

It's good to know you found our staff to be "excellent" and that you had a great night's sleep. Although a number of our guests rooms have already been refurbished, we do have plans for further improvements in the future.

We look forward to seeing you return again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I write this at 6am in the morning whilst in the hotel. Mainly because I have had about 2 hours sleep due to the whirring air con in my room that can't be switched off. The room is a box room with two single beds. I've tried them both. They move when you try to climb on to them which makes actually trying to lie in them impossible.

I arrived as part of a conference and the barrier let me in. I then spent around 20 mins dtiving around the car park trying to find a space - I thought there had to be one as the barrier had let me in. There were loads in separate further barriered areas but I couldn't get in these. There loads of cars parked on double yellow lines but no spaces. Eventually a lady in yellow coat told me to park in "east 1" which turned out to be 1/2 mile walk.

After the conference it took 40 minutes to check in. I asked the receptionist whether they had considered a group check in for the conference guests to be told "we didn't think you would all check in at once".

The room has no window. It is dirty. As mentioned noisy air con, tv with hardly a signal, very old fashioned.

After check-in I had to make a phone call which along with the lengthy check-in meant I was a little late for the evening function. There were 80 due to the event in the form of 8 tables of 10 but only 70 were there. They had run out of welcome drinks - at least 5 of us didn't get one it appears so what happened to the 15?

Each table of 10 should have had 1/2 bottle of wine per person on it. There were 4 bottles on each!

We were given bar vouchers with a face value of £4.90. The selection was a small bottle of becks, a small glass of wine or a small selection of spirits........

In the main bar a glass of wine was £8.50 (that's a glass not a bottle).

There is a coffee shop which serves in takeout cups just by the hotel entrance. £4.50 for a small of £5.00 for a regular coffee..........

So if you enjoy a hotel where you think you can park but can't, have a room with no window and is noisy, a bed that travels around the room when you lie on it, and totally rips off when it comes to its F&B pricing structure, I can thoroughly recomnend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Steve

Thank you for your review.

We were sorry to learn of your disappointing experience on this occasion, which is certainly not the usual experience our guests have.

We hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and allow us the opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards and levels of service on a future occasion.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Clean rooms great breakfast and walking distance to Nec, it does what it says on the tin.
I had left some items in my room,gave the hotel a call and they kindly posted them home to me without charge,thats what i call good service

Stayed: November 2017

Dear 905beatty

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We're pleased you found the location of the hotel ideal for your needs and we're glad we were able to reunite you with your forgotten items.

We hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed just one night for the Killers Concert at the Genting Arena. The Hotel main areas are nice and the staff friendly and efficient at what they do. Room however felt tired and dated, carpet was stained. Our Mattress was the hardest we’d ever slept ( or tried to sleep) on! Don’t think I’d stay here again would try another hotel near the arena

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margalot42

Dear Margalot42

Thanks for your comments in relation to your visit.

We regret you were unhappy with your particular room. The hotel has already undertaken the refurbishment of a number of its guest rooms as well as public areas of the hotel and we do have plans for further improvements in the future.

We do hope you consider staying with us again.