I have been in Hilton hotels in a few countries, this one left me a strange impression: Even so the employees are friendly and efficient, many details are disturbing:
- UK only wall sockets, the European/US one in the bathroom switches off if you try to load your cell phone (do they want to save power, I would be glad to pay a few more pennies to get electricity)
- No foreign programs on TV (1st time for me in Europe or in Asia since the invention of satellite TV)
- Towels smell "not clean" maybe a wrong impression but not a confortable feeling.
- Bathroom is at the limit in terms of cleanliness and equipment (cheap repairs, grouting maybe clean)
- My room was almost clean, thing looks old, it is now urgent to renovate.
- The service in the bar was friendly and efficient, however no draft beer: the engine was to be repaired. Not that bad, but it confirms the general impression.
Considering hotel standard in UK, it might be better than average. But compared to other Hilton hotels, not quite the right level and way below what I need to feel comfortable.More
- Free Wifi