See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 March 2015

A terrible experience from start to finish! Got dropped off by taxi, hotel all locked up. Phone number to ring. Waited 20 mins in the cold, 2nd Feb, shown to a very small room, double bed pushed up against wall, went down to get a evening meal, given a menu, terrible choice, no one came to take our order. Decided to walk up the road to premier inn for meal, should of paid extra to stay at premier. Only good point about gables is we were picked up at 5-30am to go to airport!! Would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!!!

Room Tip: Use Premier up the road!!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Loner89
Reviewed 13 October 2014 via mobile

I stayed over night at this hotel from the 11/10/2014 12/10/2014 for a work event. Arriving at the hotel early morning I was a pleasant experience at reception and was shown to my room for the night. The room was pretty basic and small but cleanliness was a big problem, the shower tray was full of mould! & the shower head holder was completely snapped off to which I informed staff about but they did nothing. The tv also didn't work properly either. The heating was also turned off so all night I was very cold and struggled to sleep along with the noise of aeroplanes flying over, I'm not sure how close the hotel states how close it is to the airport as I didn't book this myself but just a word of warning it is very close!! The food was all Asian based with only 3 english meals on the menu which were the traditional ones; pie and mash, fish and chips ect so me and work colleagues decided to eat out. Overall a terrible experience & an even worse nights sleep. Will not be returning

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Meganelizabetha
Reviewed 6 July 2012

the hotel is dirty and damp in an old fashioner look the bed dirty and look like a building site and it is now closed become the lost of money for the revamp of the hotel and the new block

Room Tip: look before you go
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was a last minute booking by a colleague and it will be the last time he books a hotel for me! Rooms were tatty, stained and unchanged bed linen! one even smelt very strongly of cannabis and the door lock didn't work! There is nothing left to say other than avoid if possible!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ely_yellow
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I wasn't expecting much for the price but I found the 18th birthday party on a friday night a bit too much when I'd been working and was up early for another busy day...wasn't even warned!! Room was quite nice, simple so make sure you take shampoo, hair dryer etc. The people were lovely,one member of staff specifically who seemed to be doing everything! Breakfast was great, although I didn't get the chance to taste the cooked breakfast. Had a meal one night in restaurant, which was delicious! although the dirty plates were still there when i went down for breakfast. Overall- I wouldn't stay again! sorry.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business