See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was a last minute booking by a colleague and it will be the last time he books a hotel for me! Rooms were tatty, stained and unchanged bed linen! one even smelt very strongly of cannabis and the door lock didn't work! There is nothing left to say other than avoid if possible!

Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank ely_yellow
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I wasn't expecting much for the price but I found the 18th birthday party on a friday night a bit too much when I'd been working and was up early for another busy day...wasn't even warned!! Room was quite nice, simple so make sure you take shampoo, hair dryer etc. The people were lovely,one member of staff specifically who seemed to be doing everything! Breakfast was great, although I didn't get the chance to taste the cooked breakfast. Had a meal one night in restaurant, which was delicious! although the dirty plates were still there when i went down for breakfast. Overall- I wouldn't stay again! sorry.

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We arrived on a Sunday eve before an early flight next day. We are OAPs and had had a long journey. We were greeted with grunts and indifference, our money removed from us before seeing the room. Room 1 was approached past several bags of dirty laundry in the corridor. It had a kettle but no cups, tea etc. a flat screen TV was on in the room when we arrived and we turned it off with difficulty. The room seemed to be a dumping ground for random old furniture. The "en suite!" was minute, not very clean, a broken tap on the sink, no shelving, minimal towels and mouldy grouting everywhere. Wires hanging out of walls, only one feeble working cental light, bed like a board with springs poking through, pillows like biscuits. Filthy radiator planted in middle of floor and whole place stank of smoke.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank madmax33
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I stayed there some time ago, as its convenient to mosely centre. The room was filthy, visible dust on the bedside table, dirty bed linen, flithy.
The most shocking thing was that presumably the previous occupant had left diarorreah in the toilet....and it was still there! Disgusting.
I was glad to leave the next morning. The breakfast was meagre, I'm vegetarian and was given the smallest amount of beans on toast I've ever seen and nothing more.
I've stayed in some great places in my time, hostels, B&B's, hotels, campsites etc....but dont go to this place...it was like a scene out of Rising Damp!

Room tip: Avoid unless desparate or drunk or both.
Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank public-citizen
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Arrived to find a full blown wedding reception in full swing, could have been made clear over the phone when making the booking. The room was small, no real problems with that, but it was really dirty, the sheets were stained, the walls had stains all over them, the ketttle had hair inside. Basically when you start finding things, you delve a little deeper, and i found the room to be manky. Light fittings were damaged, the TV was broke. I had booked in for 2 nights. i had arrived late, so had no choice to stay the night, but i checked out in the morning, (after the manager tried to convince me i was in the wrong).

Date of stay: November 2010