2,736 results
All reviewsan early flightbirmingham airportterminal buildingdeparture loungeseparate toiletpre flight staycar parknext morningsofa bedexecutive roomovernight stayfamily roomquick checkconvenient locationshort staygenting arenagood nights sleep
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I was staying at another hotel next door and decided to find somewhere different to eat dinner. I arrived around 9.30 expecting to be turned away as it was quite late but was greeted warmly and offered a table. I had trout with carmelised lettuce that was delicious and very fresh. The service was very attentive with staff checking regularly that I had all that I needed. It was a great meal with good ambience that brought some relief to a long and stressful day. Unlikely to return to the area but if I did this would be my choice of restuarant to eat.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Good morning and thank you for your kind review. I will make sure to share it with the team as I am sure they will appreciate the praise. If you ever come back to the are, we will be delighted to welcome you back. Wishing you the very best for the fast approaching festive season.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Convenient for NEC and airport, we stayed after trip to NEC for exhibition, doesn't warrant its 4* it's more a 3*. Rooms tired but OK, I guess most are staying here just for a night, not a holiday, so suffice for a night to get your head down. Restaurant and bar serve same meals, basic pub grub but ok. All the staff we met were good and friendly.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Good morning,

Just a few words to thank you for your comments. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight before morning flight. Booked a twin room to find it’s a standard room with a sofa bed. Asked hotel for a twin and was told that’s it. Not a comfortable bed with metal clips poking into you all night and not what I expected for the price or a 4 star.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Good morning,

I am sorry to read you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is true that the hotel rooms are made of queen size beds and sofa beds. we do not have any twins as such except in our easy access rooms. Thank you for sharing

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to attend a concert in Birmingham.
Very handy for the airport & NEC, with good transport links into Birmingham city centre.
Staff were friendly and welcoming.
Room was clean and comfortable, with everything that we needed.
There was a bit of noise from the adjacent corridor in the morning but, could not work out if this was staff using the staff elevator next to our room or, early departing guests.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant with the food we ordered being high standard "pub grub" fare and at a reasonable price.
The bar was well stocked and had more of a "pub-like" feel to it, which is our preference.

We would recommend this hotel and will probably use it again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Good morning and thank you for your comments. I am pleased you had a good stay with us and will share your review with the team. I hope you also enjoyed the concert at the nearby NEC. I am looking forward to welcoming you back. Wishing you all the best for the festive season.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This was our 3rd time at the Novotel for one of the yearly events held at the NEC - it’s so convenient, hop over the road and you needn’t see the outside air again until you return if you don’t want.

Quick and easy transfer to the NEC (still a bit of a walk involved at the NEC end) via the ‘skytrain’ thing.

The hotel itself is great for what we need it for and the staff are all very pleasant. Food is good quality and the updated bar area is welcoming. Rooms are decent enough.

The only thing that spoiled this visit was not to do with the hotel per se - it was not being aware until check-out that NCP had stopped the decent parking discount you used to get for being a hotel guest.

The discount was massive and without it you should factor this into the cost of the stay (although you can probably save on parking if you book in advance) - if you don’t - to park for 2nights be prepared to throw another £72 into the pot of £hundreds-of-millions that NCP soak up (last year with the discounted rate it was £24ish). It’s a shame as I think this will affect the hotel - especially when others have parking.

If you get a parking discount sorted through early booking or parking isn’t a consideration, you shouldn’t go far wrong with this Novotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Good morning and thank you for both your comments and regular custom.

I am pleased you had another good stay. Please rest assured that we are also trying to convince the NCP management team to grant us the discounts again for our guests. I hope we can come to some sort of agreement rather sooner than later. Thank you once again and I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.