“Brilliant Restaurant ”

Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Finest Bengali Cuisine. We Are Serving Community Here For Over 17 Years As Local Yet One Of The Best Curry House Birmingham.
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Always receive a 5 star service. Food lovely and atmosphere relaxed and great ambience . Menu varied I love the Butter and Makhan chicken but all are really good

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I foolishly order the lamb sagwala again as I forgot how much I moaned about it the last time. The curry came cold, watery, and I am still on my hands and knee's looking everywhere for the spinach. I have however came across a load of tomatoes which I'm pretty sure isn't in the sagwala rule book. I have had to add salt to my curry and chilli powder, although I asked for it hot it came mild as a cucumber! Not impressed one bit, second disappointing purchase.

tajbir, Manager at Basmati Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear your concern and really disappointed to learning through Tripadvisor as you calling it a second disappointing purchase!

Did you make any effort to notify us about your 1st purchase at all?

I would request all my regulars diners and potentials customer please please tell us if we have ever failed to meet your expectations. Our team working hard tirelessly to improve on our offering everyday and we always take extra care on our customer feedback.

It’s a shame that people use social media to express their thoughts and feedback with the whole world only when they have bad experiences but not the good ones. I would request all to make an effort to inform the restaurant or provide us a feedback directly so that it can be made better one on your second experience, if things ever goes wrong in any occasions.

We sell hundreds of curry everyday and have been trading over 17 years as we are proudly serving our second generation of customers now.

Please helps with your feedback hence we can make things better before you decide to discourage others. We are committed to produce better offering for our customer in all times

In the meantime I shall consult with our team to assess the remark of the reviewers and will take all the measures we could to prevent such disappointments again.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The staff are very friendly food was very good thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I eat a lot of curry and this was the best curry Ive had in a long time

1  Thank Vic W
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Our nearest and best Indian restaurant. Delightful food and a variety of options on the menu: all good. Very welcoming staff. Great place.

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Always try to eat here when in the area. Staff reaĺly attentive, food excellent and pricing very reasonable
No hesitation to recommend fellow travellers