3,117 results
All reviews free movies free pool table funky hotel great hotel hour bar lounge area first floor walk in shower city centre wet room would stay again new street station min walk comfy bed saturday night business trip bull ring

We had a two-day conference at this hotel for 10 people. Here are my thoughts:

Upside:

Convenient location
Decent food
Bar open 24 hours

Downside:

Rooms are small
Showers leave water all over the floor - the carpet was soaked in my room when I arrived
The service was poor. It was hard to find someone when you needed them and their performance was less than sufficient.
The lighting in the conference rooms was not helpful to the presentations.
Laundry services were advertised on the website, but didn't not appear to be available in the rooms.
Noise from neighboring areas was loud
Homeless people were hanging out in the parking area.

Overall it was a thumbs down. We won't be scheduling a meeting here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not have a great stay with us. I do wish you had mentioned this when at the Hotel. I am sure we could have resolved any issues you may have had.
I can only apologise at this point, however if you would like to speak to me directly in relation to any of your feedback then please contact the hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location, really cool, well kept and well run hotel that matched the experience presented on the website. Staff very helpful and relaxed, allowing us to hang out and play pool, while waiting for a room to become available. Totally recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

The team here in Birmingham are all working towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love the hotel, great vibe, staff were very accommodating helped with early check in which was great as I didn't want to be lugging my back around with me all day. Would definitely stay at the Penta again,

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Birmingham.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience of pentahotels, it certainly is an exciting chain of hotels!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the hotel over the weekend as we had planned a jam packed weekend of shopping, meal out, concert and stay. The hotel offered us everything we needed, the atmosphere was fab, the warm welcome perfect and we had a great night's sleep too. Thank you Team Penta we will be back, see you soon!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were treated like royalty. The staff were attentive chatty and very friendly. We cant wait to go back this Christmas. Make sure you book early they were very busy. Drinks were expensive but it is Birmingham City and other venues were similar price.

Date of stay: December 2017