“Fabulous tasting menu”
Review of Opheem

Opheem
Ranked #24 of 2,533 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Opheem at the weekend with friends for the second time and had a great time. We opted for the tasting menu which was absolutely superb and one of the best meals I’ve had. We had a table by the kitchen which was really interesting and was full of staff which was not surprising as the restaurant was full and the tasting menu must take a huge amount of work. It was good to meet Aktar Islam. We shall certainly be returning again and thank you for a wonderful evening

1  Thank johnjA7184OB

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Opheem massively delivered on all aspects from the moment we stepped through the door to the moment we left. We opted for the Autumn tasting menu- 7+ courses, each delicately balanced in flavour, texture, and originality.

Looking forward to returning next month.

1  Thank bencarltongray
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here off the back of a recommendation for a business lunch. Had the three course set menu for lunch. Whilst the atmosphere in the restaurant wasn’t buzzy (it was a wet Wednesday afternoon!), the food and service was faultless. As a lover of Indian food I was concerned the menu might have been too fussy and detailed with small portion sizes. On the contrary I left with a full tummy and a desire to recommend to others and one day return. Well worth checking out. Don’t expect a chicken tikka masala and rice or head here after a evening on the beers. This place is much classier than that!

1  Thank MTL001186220
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The only positive thing I can say is that the customer and table service is good, food was average - nothing wow about the food.

The website describes the food as a modern take on traditional Indian cuisine and “pushing the boundaries of Indian flavours”, but i felt that the format and cuisine was a lot like Chef’s previous establishment Lasan’s, so for this consumer I had high expectations but left feeling very disappointed.

Nothing exciting or original - I don’t feel the Chef has grown at all, it was the same food, same look and style. The very grey interior and uncomfortable seating did not help.

7  Thank kalsta01
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the second time I’ve eaten here and the food is unbelievable.

I’ve eaten at Michelin starred Indian restaurants in London and Indian Accent in Delhi and this by far outshone then all. I loved it.

If you like Indian food you need to eat here.

1  Thank Claire T